Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game Thread Oct 23/19 Nats (Strasburg) @ Astros (Verlander)

And it’s not like the Nats have crushed the bell this inning (well Suzuki did). The biggest hit of the inning for the add on runs was an infield chopper and this last one could not have been rolled in a better spot.
    Last edited by illinoisredsox; 10-23-2019 at 10:10 PM.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Stros look snake-bitten, but I wouldn't count them out of the series.
    Sox 4 Ever

Well unlike many of you in not surprised by the Nats taking a 2-0 lead. I've said many times to watch out for the Nats.

I'm surprised the Nats are going with Sanchez in game 3 rather than Corbin

Verlander entering pre 2018 playoffs David Price territory.
    next year will be his last shot at changing his WS fate as their window has 1 more season....
    #brightlightsarereal
    other names i have posted under: none

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    Verlander entering pre 2018 playoffs David Price territory.
    next year will be his last shot at changing his WS fate as their window has 1 more season....
    #brightlightsarereal
    Except that Price is 2-0 with a 2.12 ERA in 17 IP in 2 World Series. His postseason issues were in games you defined as not "bright lights"

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Except that Price is 2-0 with a 2.12 ERA in 17 IP in 2 World Series. His postseason issues were in games you defined as not "bright lights"
    you missed were i said pre 2018 Price. yeah, but his 3 IP of relief in 2008 where he gave up 2 runs (1 Earned) aren't anything to hang a hat on.
    is your point that verlander does not have issues pitching in World Series games?

Deity
    you missed were i said pre 2018 Price. yeah, but his 3 IP of relief in 2008 where he gave up 2 runs (1 Earned) aren't anything to hang a hat on.
    is your point that verlander does not have issues pitching in World Series games?
    No, I am questioning the moving goal posts here. Before 2018, there were many saying Price was a choker in the postseason. (I believe you were among them.) But now choking has been limited to the World Series (and Sox/Yanks games).

And even then, even if i accepted that definition, I don't think Price should be labeled as a World Series chocker after 3.1 IP 11 years ago. Especially since he was only 22 at the time and only gave up one earned run. After all, you have Verlander "entering pre-2018 David Price territory". So Verlander has a 5.73 ERA across 33 IP in the World Series, and he is still not as bad as Price, who had a 2.70 ERA across 3.1 IP? That couldn't make less sense...

chocking can happen anytime.
    i said the lights are brightest in WS and yanks/sox games.
    playoffs are still playoffs tho. do you think the lights are as bright in a NLCS on TNT vs WS on FOX?

Deity
    chocking can happen anytime.
    i said the lights are brightest in WS and yanks/sox games.
    playoffs are still playoffs tho. do you think the lights are as bright in a NLCS on TNT vs WS on FOX?
    I don't think the network matters to any players. I doubt there is a single player in MLB history who thought "This is a tough situation for me, so I better not screw it up. But if I do, only people with basic cable will see it, so I should be OK."

And I think all MLB players are so insanely competitive (because if they are not, they are AAA players), that the post-season is the post-season. Do you think Cole was out there mowing down Rays and Yankees so easily because it wasn't the World Series?

There is no difference between losing the ALCS/NLCS and losing the World Series. You're not a champion either way, and that is the competitive mentality...

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxrules View Post
    Well unlike many of you in not surprised by the Nats taking a 2-0 lead. I've said many times to watch out for the Nats.
    I didn't expect the blow out though, especially in one where Verlander goes 6 innings.... Astros offense really hasn't shown up.

Game 3 tonight. A must win for Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Game 3 tonight. A must win for Houston.
    nats won so you need to start the GT again.