Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Chaim Bloom!

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Clearly the Mets dialed the wrong number. Later this week, expect them to announce their new manager Dusty Barker...
    Woof
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

I think the Sox are stuck waiting on the investigation. If Roenicke has a part in it, then he’s gotta go too. They’ve got two options

1. Wait for investigation and have a blended staff with leftover coaches and maybe an outside manager or bench coach and promote the other position from within

2. Purge all coaches from last year now and build your staff from the ground up

No point in considering Roenicke right now if he’s at risk to get suspended too

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I think the Sox are stuck waiting on the investigation. If Roenicke has a part in it, then he’s gotta go too. They’ve got two options

1. Wait for investigation and have a blended staff with leftover coaches and maybe an outside manager or bench coach and promote the other position from within

2. Purge all coaches from last year now and build your staff from the ground up

No point in considering Roenicke right now if he’s at risk to get suspended too
    If Roenicke gets suspended, it wouldn't be the first time an MLB had to switch managers during the year. Maybe they can get a little Morgan Magic this year?

The only reason you don't go with Roenicke for now is if you are worried about taking another PR hit.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    The only reason you don't go with Roenicke for now is if you are worried about taking another PR hit.
    Screw PR.

Not having a team and manager causes a ticket sales hit. Much, much worse...

Deity
    If Roenicke gets suspended, it wouldn't be the first time an MLB had to switch managers during the year. Maybe they can get a little Morgan Magic this year?
    Exactly. Go with the flow.

What’s the record for number of managers used by a single team in a single calendar year? If things break wrong for this team, they could challenge it...

Just promote Roenicke and move on. He’s been around the league and even managed teams before without any cheating scandals...
    so if electronic sign stealing methods were in place for the red sox during either 2018 or 2019 you would still be OK with roenicke managing the Red Sox?
    other names i have posted under: none

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    so if electronic sign stealing methods were in place for the red sox during either 2018 or 2019 you would still be OK with roenicke managing the Red Sox?
    No, but until it’s confirmed they are, why stand still? Deal with that situation when it’s ofgicial

Because how bad would it look for the Sox to fire two managers in the same offseason for disciplinary purposes

No, but until it’s confirmed they are, why stand still? Deal with that situation when it’s ofgicial
    i think if they did that the Red Sox FO would be the laughing stock of the sports world. IMO.

i think if they did that the Red Sox FO would be the laughing stock of the sports world. IMO.
    Nah. They are a long ways away from LOLMETS territory. Though they did attempt to go there with the BV hire in 2012.

If they were in place during 2019, why did they suck balls?

If Roenicke doesn't get the job, that could signal that the Sox have a problem. He seems to be the logical stand in decision, but if the Sox truly had an electronic sign stealing system, he would have known about it and participated.

If he's hired as the manager, I would venture to guess that the Sox are in the clear.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

pitching? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Deity
    All the stolen signs in the world can’t turn Hector Velasquez and Ryan Weber into quality starting pitchers...