Register now to remove this ad

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Chaim Bloom!

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Will Jacko?
    He'd rather give birth to a flaming porcupine before that happens...

He just might be a good GM afterall
    Last edited by Swiharts Ghost; 08-21-2020 at 09:38 PM.

Bump
    other names i have posted under: none

I like the trade two starters for two relievers.Pivetta has damn good stuff he could slot in 2 this year and 3 next .Seabold has swing and miss stuff not overpowering but he can pitch .Chaim good work .

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    I like the trade two starters for two relievers.Pivetta has damn good stuff he could slot in 2 this year and 3 next .Seabold has swing and miss stuff not overpowering but he can pitch .Chaim good work .
    Seabold has good minors numbers but really, he has average stuff apparently. He still could grab a backend starter role this year and maybe slot into the pen next season.

Pivetta, OTOH, I agree with you. Hopefully he’s a change of scenery guy because he throws hard and has good stuff. I like him in this deal...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Seabold has good minors numbers but really, he has average stuff apparently. He still could grab a backend starter role this year and maybe slot into the pen next season.

Pivetta, OTOH, I agree with you. Hopefully he’s a change of scenery guy because he throws hard and has good stuff. I like him in this deal...
    I like the depth of the move it’s what we brought Chaim in for .Excited for a bigger move if possible but good start .

He just might be a good GM afterall
    He needs to be able to draft and produce effective starting pitchers before I call him good for the Sox. He did it in Tampa, so I hope he does it in Boston.

Pivetta is average at best I think

Quote Originally Posted by Dalas21000 View Post
    Which is why Philly got rid of him lol

It would be nice if the Sox got lucky with one of these trades. The Spanks made a hand full of deals before last season and it seemed like they got lucky on everyone of them. Voit, Urshela, and Tauchman.

Quote Originally Posted by Behindenemylines View Post
    It would be nice if the Sox got lucky with one of these trades. The Spanks made a hand full of deals before last season and it seemed like they got lucky on everyone of them. Voit, Urshela, and Tauchman.
    True...you never know....but they gave up a lot to take that chance

Sounds like hang’em Chaim thinks the Sox can rehabilitate whatever is wrong with pivetta!

The important thing to me is that hang’em Chaim has figured out that junk ball pitchers don’t do well in Fenway and has started acquiring power arms after an offseason filled with signing crap ball pitchers. It ‘s amazing how he could spend all those years in our division and not notice the success we have is mostly with power pitchers!

Better late than never bloom!

Deity
    “Average” would be an ace in Boston right now...

You want to fire sell, that's fine. You want to dismantle a WS winner, that's fine. But if you are going to do it, go the distance. Half-assing it by keeping Xander, Devers, Beni, Vasquez, JD is silly. You get rid of everyone and stop pretending the Sox aren't PawSox. They are.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by dannycater View Post
    You want to fire sell, that's fine. You want to dismantle a WS winner, that's fine. But if you are going to do it, go the distance. Half-assing it by keeping Xander, Devers, Beni, Vasquez, JD is silly. You get rid of everyone and stop pretending the Sox aren't PawSox. They are.
    Who are you responding to? It's very unclear...