Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nats Stros Game 6

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    He did throw 223 IP in the regular season. There's a good chance he gets simply worn down after all that pitching, which does take a toll.

Price was finally great in the post-season last year, and maybe it was because he finally got there is a season where he only threw 107 IP as opposed to pitching at least 176 IP in all his other seasons (except his rookie year of 2008, but he also pitched well in that post-season).

Some of these teams with legitimate post-season aspirations might be better off dialing back the workloads of their ace pitchers a little and investing in Porcello type to eat more regular season innings before going to the bullpen in the post-season...
    Agreed. Happens to the best of them. I think it was the same thing with Sale in the World Series season, he just seem worn down by the time playoffs came around.... Not that he was attrocious or anything but he wasn't his usual Chris Sale self.

It will be interesting to see how long Scherzer goes tonight. He is drugged up to make his neck and back mobile.... But that can only last so long. Probably goes 5 innings I say.

6 wins by the road teams. Never been done in any of the 3 major sports (other than NFL).
    Sox 4 Ever

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Agreed. Happens to the best of them. I think it was the same thing with Sale in the World Series season, he just seem worn down by the time playoffs came around.... Not that he was attrocious or anything but he wasn't his usual Chris Sale self.

It will be interesting to see how long Scherzer goes tonight. He is drugged up to make his neck and back mobile.... But that can only last so long. Probably goes 5 innings I say.
    But as this is game 7, with the very likely exception of Strasburg, it will be all hands on deck for the Nats. And that right there is the biggest benefit of Strasburg going 8.1 IP last night...

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    As notin has suggested, what seems to be chocking by Verlander may actually be fatigue...

Maybe the Stros should have managed his innings a bit more this year.
    The interesting thing is that in all postseason games besides the World Series, Verlander's numbers are very good. He's 14-5 with a 2.83 ERA. In the WS, he's 0-6 with a 5.68 ERA.