Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scooter Gennett

Scooter Gennett

Love this player total dirt dog who had a terrible 19 campaign.I think his swing is perfect for Fenway and his glove is solid.we need guys coming off down years with big upside he's a fit here .

I could see us looking to acquire him.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Did anybody actually watch him play last year. It was ugly! His swing is more screwed up than a yankee fan in a mental hospital!!!!

Deity
    Free agent probably looking for a one year deal with a “make good” contract...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Free agent probably looking for a one year deal with a “make good” contract...
    I think he's definitely worth a 1 year deal. He is a prime bounce back candidate IMO.

If I'm his agent to m on the phone right now to Bloom .Gennett would be a fan favorite.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    If I'm his agent to m on the phone right now to Bloom .Gennett would be a fan favorite.

... unless he sucks...

Notin lol true

Gennett was hurt and never recovered. The question is, can he be healthy? I’d love to go one year deal with him for the Yanks

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Gennett was hurt and never recovered. The question is, can he be healthy? I’d love to go one year deal with him for the Yanks
    The Yankees top priority isn't likely to be infield. They could easily go into the season with Voit/Ford-LeMahieu-Torres-Urshela around the infield, and still be looking for a place to play Andujar.

So unless Gennett converts to SP and excels at it right away, I would doubt this is a move for them...

You cannot just leave the offense entirely alone. With Didi and Gardner departing, we will become even more right handed. Our offense has struggled vs same sided throwers for three years in a row and we are about to lose two lefties. Gennett is a lefty and playing in YS would be a great way to recoup value

Interestingly, we out pitched the Astros in the ALCS. We just couldn’t get the big hits when we needed them

Interestingly, we out pitched the Astros in the ALCS. We just couldn’t get the big hits when we needed them
    Maybe they made the big pitches when they needed them.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    You cannot just leave the offense entirely alone. With Didi and Gardner departing, we will become even more right handed. Our offense has struggled vs same sided throwers for three years in a row and we are about to lose two lefties. Gennett is a lefty and playing in YS would be a great way to recoup value

So the 7 game sample of the ALCS usurps the 162 game sample that precedes it? The Astros' starting pitching ranked 4th in MLB with 19.4 fWAR. The Yankees' SP tied for 16th with Detroit at 10.6 fWAR. Even the pitching-needy Red Sox did better.

Perhaps you outpitched the Astros because Astro pitching was facing a tougher lineup? It's not like all things were equal there...

Legend
    How Much?

The Astros' offense was historically anemic in the ALCS (stats from MLB.com). Batting average with runners in scoring position: Hou .109, NY .171. Batting average with runners in scoring position and two outs: Hou .048, NY .190. Batting average in the seventh or later: Hou .149, NY .176.

The difference is the last three games was three-run homers. Houston had two three-run homers to win Game Four and New York had a three-run homer to win Game Five. In the finale, each side had two HRs apiece, and both jacked two-run bombs in the epic 9th... but an early three-run blast for the Astros, as opposed to a NY solo shot, was the margin of victory.