Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Eric Thames ,kole Calhoun available

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    If playing the field was that important to him, he could have opted out. I’m not so sure he minds the limited DH role...
    He knows his back is acting up. Maybe, deep down, he thinks DH'ing will lengthen his career, keep him healthier and make more money.
    Sox 4 Ever

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    He knows his back is acting up. Maybe, deep down, he thinks DH'ing will lengthen his career, keep him healthier and make more money.
    And keep the man from ripping that uniform off his back, as they say...

By saying he’s frail, I’m not pointing out anything you guys don’t know. He’s had a foot issue that he seems to have conquered. He then had a back issue that he worked through. My point with JD is, what’s his upside? Is he gonna be a great defender? Will being on defense cause a greater chance of injury?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    By saying he’s frail, I’m not pointing out anything you guys don’t know. He’s had a foot issue that he seems to have conquered. He then had a back issue that he worked through. My point with JD is, what’s his upside? Is he gonna be a great defender? Will being on defense cause a greater chance of injury?
    Will DHing lead to a greater chance of hemorrhoids?

Will DHing lead to a greater chance of hemorrhoids?
    Only if your name is Jacoby.
    Sox 4 Ever

I respect you a lot, jacko, but your team just had the most injuries in the history of the world, yet somehow our players are all fragile.
    Sox 4 Ever

I’m going off of the cues you guys are laying down. You don’t want him in the field because he gets hurt. I get it. Your upside by putting him in the field isn’t there. Let him DH only. He’s an elite DH. No need to fit a square peg in a round hole

I’m going off of the cues you guys are laying down. You don’t want him in the field because he gets hurt. I get it. Your upside by putting him in the field isn’t there. Let him DH only. He’s an elite DH. No need to fit a square peg in a round hole
    Jax he’s a butcher in the field .The guy may hit 60 if he’s just concentrating on hitting .

If playing the field was that important to him, he could have opted out. I’m not so sure he minds the limited DH role...
    Perhaps, but I think his decision not to opt out was largely based on what he thought his market would be. Also, I think he is happy with the Red Sox because Cora allows him to play the field fairly regularly.

If it were up to me, he'd strictly DH. I don't foresee that happening with the Red Sox. Cora will allow him to play in the field. That being the case, I'd prefer he played 1B over playing in the outfield.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Perhaps, but I think his decision not to opt out was largely based on what he thought his market would be. Also, I think he is happy with the Red Sox because Cora allows him to play the field fairly regularly.
    To be specific, what Scott Boras thought the market would be compared to his current salary...