Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cherrington leading candidate for Pirates Job

Cherrington leading candidate for Pirates Job

Ken Rosenthal is reporting that Ben Cherrington is the leading candidate to be the new Chief of Baseball Operations for the Pirates. Good news to all you Ben Cherrington fans

Deity
    Better news for Pirates’ fans

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Better news for Pirates’ fans
    Always liked Ben while here he’s bright and talented he was handcuffed here .I am truly happy for both he and that fan base if true .

Ben ran the Sox like a small market club. His big market moves were the biggest question. He will now get his chance running a small market squad.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Ben ran the Sox like a small market club. His big market moves were the biggest question. He will now get his chance running a small market squad.
    Given the turmoil in Pittsburgh last year, coaches and players fighting in the clubhouse, no one respected the manager which is the reason both he and the GM are now gone, it is easy to see why ownership is high on Ben. For all the criticism, he did help the Sox overcome the debacle of Bob V's time as manager.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Had he just signed Scherzer instead of HRam & Pablo....

(We wouldn't have Price, too.)
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Had he just signed Scherzer instead of HRam & Pablo....

(We wouldn't have Price, too.)
    I still think it was Larry pulling the strings on those signings. Ben was along for the ride.

Deity
    If Cherington wants this job, I hope that he gets it. He was a dedicated member of the red sox team. My personal feelings about his specific moves are meaningless. I wish him the best. I hope that he discovers the next Roberto Clemente.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    If Cherington wants this job, I hope that he gets it. He was a dedicated member of the red sox team. My personal feelings about his specific moves are meaningless. I wish him the best. I hope that he discovers the next Roberto Clemente.
    Well said.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

I think Pirates ownership would settle for him to stop players and coaches from throwing punches at each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    I still think it was Larry pulling the strings on those signings. Ben was along for the ride.
    My position on the reasoning goes like this: the year we signed HRam & Pablo, we needed offense and pitching. Scherzer was the only clear ace available that year, so they decided to wait on pitching until the next season, when 3-4 aces were going to be on the open market. I disagreed with signing Pablo. I thought signing HRam to play 3B would have been good. We ended up getting Price, who maybe had better numbers than Scherzer had at the time of their signings.

I try to avoid the whole arguments about who in management pulled the strings.

Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Without question this .

Beautifully said Wow !! Total class .

time to bust out the old Pirates cap collecting dust in my closet....
    other names i have posted under: none

It's also just about time for 700hitter to make some sort of comment involving coffee beans.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.