Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Mookie and Andrew Mcutchen .....

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    Mike Trout and Mookie are 1 and 1a..Mikes contract is a barometer of what we are looking at with Mookie .I happen to think Mike is the best player I’ve ever witnessed besides Bonds .Mookie salary won’t equal that of Mikes but it will be within 30 million .

I won't go that far.

Trout is 28 years old and has been worth 73.4 fWAR in his career. Betts is 27 years old and has been worth 37.4 fWAR in his career. I'm doubtful Betts can bridge the 36 fWAR gap in a single season, even if it is his option year...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I won't go that far.

Trout is 28 years old and has been worth 73.4 fWAR in his career. Betts is 27 years old and has been worth 37.4 fWAR in his career. I'm doubtful Betts can bridge the 36 fWAR gap in a single season, even if it is his option year...
    Notin although I want to think the way you do about war it’s just the perception of these two men as joined at the hip .I believe Mookie gets north of 350 maybe as much as 380

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    Notin although I want to think the way you do about war it’s just the perception of these two men as joined at the hip .I believe Mookie gets north of 350 maybe as much as 380
    I think he gets $330/10 or $340/10 or $350/11, $360/12- maybe $372/12 tops.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    What a terrible contract any of those options would be.

Let’s hope it is not “hang ‘em chiam” signing any of those potential contracts. Let Betts go to Atlanta after he has a great 2020 for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    What a terrible contract any of those options would be.

Let’s hope it is not “hang ‘em chiam” signing any of those potential contracts. Let Betts go to Atlanta after he has a great 2020 for us.
    So, a comp pick for Betts.

Mike Trout is the greatest player to ever put on a uniform. sorry but Betts doesnt get to be compared to him yet. or probably ever.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    Mike Trout is the greatest player to ever put on a uniform. sorry but Betts doesnt get to be compared to him yet. or probably ever.
    I agree.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I agree.
    I wouldn’t say Trout is the greatest ever, but I have said many times he will be among them. At some point in the future, anyone talking about Ruth, Mays and Aaron will find themselves saying “ Ruth, Mays, Aaron and Trout”...

Legend
    Maybe, but 90% sure not from the Sox. Bloom big on analytics, and he'll compare through the years, if long term contracts are good investment for team, throughout the contract.

Legend
    Angels need Trout for Fans, Sox can survive with this Fan Base, that has been generational through the years. They will still come even without Mookie.
    You think the Stadium will suddenly be empty or Big Drop-off if Mookie is dealt.
    I don't. First little winning streak the Gates will be full.
    I think Bloom is betting on this, and his philosophy is he can have a competitive team without huge spending on players. That's all you need. Not one single player in Baseball, can determine if you win a WS. Still a team sport.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 11-14-2019 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    Angels need Trout for Fans, Sox can survive with this Fan Base, that has been generational through the years. They will still come even without Mookie.
    You think the Stadium will suddenly be empty or Big Drop-off if Mookie is dealt.
    I don't. First little winning streak the Gates will be full.
    I think Bloom is betting on this, and his philosophy is he can have a competitive team without huge spending on players. That's all you need. Not one single player in Baseball, can determine if you win a WS. Still a team sport.
    There was already a drop off in viewership the last 2 years. Losing Betts will not add anyone.

Will people who wanted to buy a Betts jersey, still buy one of Devers or Bogey? Probably, many will.

IMO, Betts will earn the $330M/30 year deal he may get.... and then some.

Legend
    Lost Fisk, Burleson, Lynn, still OK in Stadium, even back then, might have a little drop, but they will come back, always do.
    Baseball is dying on TV because of length of game.
    Been a Fan since 1960, very hard to watch entire game anymore, even with Mookie.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 11-14-2019 at 09:20 AM.

Legend
    There was already a drop off in viewership the last 2 years. Losing Betts will not add anyone.

Will people who wanted to buy a Betts jersey, still buy one of Devers or Bogey? Probably, many will.

IMO, Betts will earn the $330M/30 year deal he may get.... and then some.
    For every good long term Contract like Manny, what's the ratio of bad ones. 10-1 you think? Don't know just throwing a number. If you think that is pretty accurate, then its a 10% chance signing Mookie long term, is a good gamble.
    10 years how many WS, he can bring back you think? 3 because of his domination, then I agree its worth it.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 11-14-2019 at 09:28 AM.

Legend
    Jerseys never though about that one. They trade him, they will become a collectors item. Then they will market Bogey and Devers ones next. That's the way the cycle goes. Always someone next.

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    For every good long term Contract like Manny, what's the ratio of bad ones. 10-1 you think? Don't know just throwing a number. If you think that is pretty accurate, then its a 10% chance signing Mookie long term, is a good gamble.
    10 years how many WS, he can bring back you think? 3 because of his domination, then I agree its worth it.
    I already posted a list of all the top contracts of all time. (Go to the Realistic thread. I just reposted it.)

It's not even close to 10:1, but the judging criteria is subjective.

I'd say it's more like 3:2 or 5:3, but if you narrow it down to 8+ year deals with players 27 or 28, my guess is the numbers are close to 1:1.
    Last edited by moonslav59; 11-14-2019 at 09:43 AM.