Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: come on Pedey enough man

come on Pedey enough man

Time to release Pedey I'm sorry it's time .Says he's coming back ???? Offer the guy a front office job but get him off the roster .

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    Time to release Pedey I'm sorry it's time .Says he's coming back ???? Offer the guy a front office job but get him off the roster .
    Are you seriously obtuse?

1) Releasing him means nothing salarywise. He has a contract; the team has to live up to the terms of the contract and pay him.

2) Offering him a front office position does nothing to change 1).

3) Assuming he can’t play (not exactly a bold prediction), he will go on the 60 day DL sometime during spring training, which means he won’t count against the 40 man.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Deity
    Basically this means the Sox are unlikely to pursue a 2b player like Scooter Gennett, and very likely to give lots of 2b time to Chavis and Marco Hernandez...

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    Are you seriously obtuse?

1) Releasing him means nothing salarywise. He has a contract; the team has to live up to the terms of the contract and pay him.

2) Offering him a front office position does nothing to change 1).

3) Assuming he can’t play (not exactly a bold prediction), he will go on the 60 day DL sometime during spring training, which means he won’t count against the 40 man.
    ...and he takes up no roster slot.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

60 day DL would be great but I'm not counting on it .I'm done with Pedey he has no value at this point guy needs to retire .

Deity
    60 day DL would be great but I'm not counting on it .I'm done with Pedey he has no value at this point guy needs to retire .
    Done with Pedroia?

Look at him. He makes Rudy look like Andre the Giant. He showed up in 2006 with a body that looked like Cartman and a batting average normally associated with a pitcher. He’s NEVER looked like a guy who belonged in MLB, and his size, strength and speed just underscored that fact.

And yet, a ROY, an MVP, multiple Gold Gloves and Silver Sluggers later along with 3 World Series rings, and maybe he proved a few wrong.

Did you know only two players in MLB history won a Rookie of the a Year Award, an MVP trophy, a Gold Glove, and a Silver Slugger in their first two seasons in MLB? And, yes, Pedroia is one of them. (Ichiro is the other.)

I wouldn’t count out Pedroia...

About the only hope for Pedroia is he can play some the next two years and get some value out of his salary. Maybe a decent case is play him at 1st? Limit the wear and tear on the knee? DH next year if JD opts out after next year? Anything is better than what the sox got out of him the last two years. Damn I hate Machado....

Your joking right ?? I'd rather start Jason Pedroia

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan adam View Post
    About the only hope for Pedroia is he can play some the next two years and get some value out of his salary. Maybe a decent case is play him at 1st? Limit the wear and tear on the knee? DH next year if JD opts out after next year? Anything is better than what the sox got out of him the last two years. Damn I hate Machado....
    This^^
    And I don't understand why every Red Sox fan doesn't feel the same way.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    This^^
    And I don't understand why every Red Sox fan doesn't feel the same way.
    True, but let's let go of this whole Pedey issue. There's nothing to be done about it.

The guy tried to come back. There's 2 years left on his contract. So be it.

Machado sucks!
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    True, but let's let go of this whole Pedey issue. There's nothing to be done about it.

The guy tried to come back. There's 2 years left on his contract. So be it.

Machado sucks!
    Thanks, but I'm nowhere near ready to let it go. There are certain things that people of character don't do within their profession because it affects their livelihood. Tradesmen of character don't steal one another's tools, people of character in any profession don't fabricate stories about their co-workers that might result in their firing, and professional athletes of character don't recklessly do things that can end another player's career.

Machado didn't even try to 'walk it back' with an apology. Instead he said ""I'm not going to change the way I play. "I'm going to keep playing hard and keep doing what I've got to do to help my team win." He ended Pedy's career and the closest he came to an apology was to say that it "wasn't intentional".

Nope, sorry. Machado will never be anything but a thug to me and IMO there's no room for him in MLB. It'll be a cold day in Hell before I 'let it go'.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Deity
    What do you mean “no counting on” the 60 day DL? It’s just the long term injured list for MLB that allows teams to remove players from the 40 man roster. There are no qualifications or minimum requirements for being placed on it, and the 60 days refers to the minimum stay, not the maximum one.

Prince Fielder has been on the 60 day DL for years. Ever since he unofficially retired, really...

I'd rather him play and get something out of him, even if it is a platoon or part time fielder at 1st, 2nd, and DH rather than the 60 day DL. As we are trying to cut salary getting something out of the cap space is probably more important that the 40 man spot next year.

i dont know if a 5'4" tall first baseman would be a good idea.
    other names i have posted under: none

Dustin Pedroia is has more than earned the right to do whatever he wants to do in baseball, he can try and win a starting job or choose to retire. Whatever he decides to do should be accepted by every grateful Red Sox fan for the.pure joy he given us.
    Last edited by Elktonnick; 11-12-2019 at 09:51 AM.