Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 85

Thread: Astros sign-stealing allegations

  1. #46
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    15,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    no doubt he started hating TS around april-2016
    Yeah this place really went into the shitter then...

  2. #47
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    33,707
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    no doubt he started hating TS around april-2016
    It went back to well before then. He'd take long breaks from this place. I think he hated the 2012 TalkSox roster much more than he hated 2016.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Remy View Post
    ďNow Iím not sure why it was necessary, but watch ... I canít circle because I donít have my telestrator but HERE COMES THE PIZZA, see?Ē

  3. #48
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    33,707
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Yeah this place really went into the shitter then...
    I think he was more annoyed by it because he thought of BDC as the domain of a few former TalkSox posters and just didn't want to give anyone a chance.

    It just took a while for you guys to be properly assimilated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Remy View Post
    ďNow Iím not sure why it was necessary, but watch ... I canít circle because I donít have my telestrator but HERE COMES THE PIZZA, see?Ē

  4. #49
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    33,707
    @susanslusser
    Tony Kemp says when he came up in 2017, he was asked to use “the system” and he said no. Was having a good season at Triple A and didn’t want to change anything up. Kept his head down and didn’t say anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Remy View Post
    ďNow Iím not sure why it was necessary, but watch ... I canít circle because I donít have my telestrator but HERE COMES THE PIZZA, see?Ē

  5. #50
    Deity Slasher9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    11,342
    this stuff is going to get better and better.....


    Thomas Boswell of The Washington Post asked Suzuki this week if he believes the Astros were cheating during the World Series last season. The catcher said there is “no question” and that Nationals players could hear whistling coming from the Houston dugout.

    “We could hear it from their dugout. We heard their whistling,” Suzuki said. “What are you going to do?”

    In order to counter the sign stealing, Suzuki says the Nationals changed their signs during every at-bat of the World Series. On some occasions, they even tried to change the signs in the middle of an at-bat. He said there were swings Astros hitters had in certain situations that were “so good” there was no other explanation for them aside from sign stealing.

    “When Max Scherzer has two strikes on you and he throws one 98 miles per hour near your head and you smash it — come on, nobody does that,” Suzuki said. “We got a couple of big strikeouts when their crowd was so loud they couldn’t hear. The whole thing was crazy. I got messed up on signs a couple of times, had to call time and take us out of rhythm. I kept thinking, ‘We have to go to the field and work early on our signs in the World Series just to stop their cheating.’ It’s so stupid and so wrong.”
    other names i have posted under: none

  6. #51
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    33,707
    Anyway, when you’ve caused Nick Markakis to suggest that perhaps violence is the best course of action, you sort of have a problem on your hands. Here are Crazy Nick’s comments today about the Houston Astros:

    “I feel like every single guy over there needs a beating. It’s wrong. They’re messing with people’s careers . . . There’s right ways to do it and wrong ways to do it. I 100% disagree with way they did it. There’s a lot of people that were hurt by it, and it was wrong.”

    As has become custom in these daily ranting, Markakis made sure he gave a shoutout to MLB commissioner Rob Manfred, who he criticized for letting the Astros off “scot free”:

    “The way he handled the situation, he should be embarrassed of himself.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Remy View Post
    ďNow Iím not sure why it was necessary, but watch ... I canít circle because I donít have my telestrator but HERE COMES THE PIZZA, see?Ē

  7. #52
    Deity Slasher9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    11,342
    other names i have posted under: none

  8. #53
    All-Star bkzwhitestrican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,077
    Carlos Correa: "It was definitely an advantage. I’m not gonna lie to you. Knowing what was coming. I think you get a slight edge. And that's why people got suspended and people got fired because this is not right."

    Also Carlos Correa: "When you analyze the games, we won fair and square. We earned that championship."

    Also Correa in response to Bellinger saying the Astros probably cheated the last three years: "what doesn't sit well with me is when you say false statements. If you don't know the facts. If you're not informed. This is America. You can say whatever you want. But Cody Bellinger's job is to look for information. Get informed. Know the facts, for sure, before he stands in front of cameras to talk about other players. You should get informed. You should be informed before you talk about other players. If you don't know the facts, then you've got to shut the f--k up."

    What an asshat. Admits to cheating and that it gave them an advantage, but also says they won the World Series fair and square. And he says that false statements don't sit well with him, but I guess blatant cheating is fine.

  9. #54
    Deity Slasher9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    11,342
    inadvertently hit an umpire with a batting glove you threw in the air in disgust? 2 game suspension
    use electronic means to steal opposing teams signs in realtime and win the world series? parade
    other names i have posted under: none

  10. #55
    Deity Kimmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    21,081
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Anyway, when you’ve caused Nick Markakis to suggest that perhaps violence is the best course of action, you sort of have a problem on your hands. Here are Crazy Nick’s comments today about the Houston Astros:

    “I feel like every single guy over there needs a beating. It’s wrong. They’re messing with people’s careers . . . There’s right ways to do it and wrong ways to do it. I 100% disagree with way they did it. There’s a lot of people that were hurt by it, and it was wrong.”

    As has become custom in these daily ranting, Markakis made sure he gave a shoutout to MLB commissioner Rob Manfred, who he criticized for letting the Astros off “scot free”:

    “The way he handled the situation, he should be embarrassed of himself.”
    I feel like there is a lot of hypocrisy going on with these players from other teams. I don't believe for a second that sign stealing isn't a baseball wide problem. The Astros were more brazen about it than other teams, plus their sign stealing resulted in a WS Championship, so I can see why they are getting the negative attention that they are. But with that said, I have a difficult time with these other teams and players acting like they are completely innocent.

  11. #56
    Deity Slasher9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    11,342
    Over a month after Major League Baseball’s report indicated that the Houston Astros illegally stole signs in the 2017 postseason without detailing the method, Commissioner Rob Manfred confirmed Tuesday that the Astros continued banging trash cans to relay signs in the playoffs.

    also:
    referring to the World Series trophy as “a piece of metal.” Manfred apologized for the comment Tuesday.

    “In an effort to make a rhetorical point, I referred to the World Series trophy in a disrespectful way,” he said. “It was a mistake to say what I said.”
    other names i have posted under: none

  12. #57
    Deity Slasher9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    11,342
    as for granting players immunity it looks like we can thank the players union for that one:

    Manfred said he originally told the Players Association that the league wouldn’t rule out disciplining players, but said he got pushback from the union.

    “The union indicated to us that would be a problem,” Manfred told reporters Tuesday. “We went back and suggested to them we would give them an initial list of people — players — that we would grant immunity to, preserving our ability to discipline other players. And the union came back and said that players would cooperate only if there was blanket immunity. Because we were at a bit of a stalemate, we knew we needed player witnesses, we agreed to that immunity agreement.”

    Manfred also said the league wouldn’t have gotten as far in their investigation if they did not reach the agreement with the union.
    other names i have posted under: none

  13. #58
    Deity Slasher9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    11,342
    “I’m mad at this guy, the pitcher who came out talking about it," "And let me tell you why. Oh, after you make your money, after you get your ring you decide to talk about it. Why don’t you talk about it during the season when it was going on? Why didn’t you say, ‘I don’t want to be no part of (this)?' Now you look like a snitch. You know what I mean? Why do you have to talk about it after? That’s my problem. Why did nobody say anything while it was going on?”
    other names i have posted under: none

  14. #59
    Deity Slasher9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    11,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    “I’m mad at this guy, the pitcher who came out talking about it," "And let me tell you why. Oh, after you make your money, after you get your ring you decide to talk about it. Why don’t you talk about it during the season when it was going on? Why didn’t you say, ‘I don’t want to be no part of (this)?' Now you look like a snitch. You know what I mean? Why do you have to talk about it after? That’s my problem. Why did nobody say anything while it was going on?”
    this was David Ortiz btw....
    other names i have posted under: none

  15. #60
    Deity Slasher9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    11,342
    Altuve, the 2017 AL MVP, was hit by a pitch in his third at-bat by Detroit’s Nick Ramirez
    other names i have posted under: none

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •