Register now to remove this ad

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Listened To Pedey on WEEI annmnnnnnd

You guys are brutal.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Ah yes, if only Pedroia were as bad-ass tough as your basic internet poster.

Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    Ah yes, if only Pedroia were as bad-ass tough as your basic internet poster.
    Hard agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

At this point, I honestly don't even care to hear what the setback is.

Pedey is toast.

Thanks for the laser memories.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Yeh. It certainly sounds like a few here are so badass that they think they could ever qualify to carry Pedey's bags?

When he first started with the Sox, we all said he just couldn't cut it at the big show.

He dirtdogged it right past that BRUTAL START, & proceeded to become Rookie of the year, helping us to win a WS. Another in 2013.

Batting average
    Hits
    Home runs
    Runs batted in
    Stolen bases
    Teams
    Boston Red Sox (2006–present)
    Career highlights and awards
    4× All-Star (2008–2010, 2013)
    2× World Series champion (2007, 2013)
    AL MVP (2008)
    AL Rookie of the Year (2007)
    4× Gold Glove Award (2008, 2011, 2013, 2014)
    Silver Slugger Award (2008)

You know the numbers.

The "thanks, & don't let the door hit you on the arss" pissy attitude toward him is pretty STUNNING, but whatever.

Such is the attitude of those who have never done, & never fought through a single injury to ever play a single game at anything.

Pretty snarky shit towards a guy who gave us so many LIFETIME memories.

I don't know about you, but I can go back to '67 as a very young boy, and remember how I felt playing stickball on the streets of Allston & Brighton.

Memories of Pedey & Company will hopefully last me another 30 years. This is the STUFF that brings back memories of a lifetime.

I absolutely don't get the snark?

Yeh! He made a few mistakes. He even inexplicably defended the shithead who ended his career.
    Whatever!

The guy was one of the all-time great Red Sox dirtdogs.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    Yeh. It certainly sounds like a few here are so badass that they think they could ever qualify to carry Pedey's bags?

When he first started with the Sox, we all said he just couldn't cut it at the big show.

He dirtdogged it right past that BRUTAL START, & proceeded to become Rookie of the year, helping us to win a WS. Another in 2013.

Batting average
    Hits
    Home runs
    Runs batted in
    Stolen bases
    Teams
    AL MVP (2008)

You know the numbers.

The "thanks, & don't let the door hit you on the arss" pissy attitude toward him is pretty STUNNING, but whatever.

Such is the attitude of those who have never done, & never fought through a single injury to ever play a single game at anything.

I don't know about you, but I can go back to '67 as a very young boy, and remember how I felt playing stickball on the streets of Allston & Brighton.

Memories of Pedey & Company will hopefully last me another 30 years. This is the STUFF that brings back memories of a lifetime.

Yeh! He made a few mistakes. He even inexplicably defended the shithead who ended his career.
    Whatever!

There are time when I wish this forum had a "Like" button and this is one of them.

Unfortunately this is one of the Red Sox traditions: When a former great player is down and out and lying on the floor the fans kick him toward the door. If he ends up crossways to the door and can't get through the door they kick him harder until he fits through the damn door!
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Most people are not mad a Pedey. Just mad at the fact of his guaranteed salary. The person to blame here would be the GM who gave him that long contract. You can't fault the player for wanting to collect. If you were all in this situation you'd take the money

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxrules View Post
    Most people are not mad a Pedey. Just mad at the fact of his guaranteed salary. The person to blame here would be the GM who gave him that long contract. You can't fault the player for wanting to collect. If you were all in this situation you'd take the money
    Alex, I'll take $56M for sitting on my ass.....the answer is "Who is....". Is that brutal?

Pedey took FAR less than market value in AAV to stay in Boston for longer. He played the game the right way, maximized his lack of physical size and turned it into a great career. His lack of longevity likely killed his HOF chances, but had he stayed healthy and produced at his usual clip, he’d have been pretty close. Still, his 51.4 WAR is 22nd All Time as a second baseman. Of the 21 ahead of him, 14 are HOFers. The other 7 are Willie Randolph, Chase Utley, Ian Kinsler, Jeff Kent, Robby Cano, Lou Whitaker and Bobby Grich. There are SEVEN HOF second basemen who have less WAR than Pedroia. This is a guy who gets his number retired

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Alex, I'll take $56M for sitting on my ass.....the answer is "Who is....". Is that brutal?
    If you call 'sitting on my ass' sustaining a career-ending battlefield injury, going through operations and rehab and trying to make it back...
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    If you call 'sitting on my ass' sustaining a career-ending battlefield injury, going through operations and rehab and trying to make it back...
    I'll take $56M and go through his pain.....it's freaking baseball....we have young men getting their limbs blown up in wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'll take $56M and go through his pain.....it's freaking baseball....we have young men getting their limbs blown up in wars.
    Trying my best to be non political about this, but this is a really bad take.

It's freakin baseball. That's why we post here endlessly. It's a distraction from all the other bullshit that happens in our lives. No reason to minimize what it means to us for an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    There are time when I wish this forum had a "Like" button and this is one of them.

Unfortunately this is one of the Red Sox traditions: When a former great player is down and out and lying on the floor the fans kick him toward the door. If he ends up crossways to the door and can't get through the door they kick him harder until he fits through the damn door!
    I was kicking him around when he was still performing at a high level, because I believe the end was going to be this bad. It was just considered buzzarding though.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Pedey took FAR less than market value in AAV to stay in Boston for longer. He played the game the right way, maximized his lack of physical size and turned it into a great career. His lack of longevity likely killed his HOF chances, but had he stayed healthy and produced at his usual clip, he’d have been pretty close. Still, his 51.4 WAR is 22nd All Time as a second baseman. Of the 21 ahead of him, 14 are HOFers. The other 7 are Willie Randolph, Chase Utley, Ian Kinsler, Jeff Kent, Robby Cano, Lou Whitaker and Bobby Grich. There are SEVEN HOF second basemen who have less WAR than Pedroia. This is a guy who gets his number retired
    Grich better get in at some point.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post

Batting average
    Hits
    Home runs
    Runs batted in
    Stolen bases
    Teams
    AL MVP (2008)

You know the numbers.

Whatever!

Great post.

There's little loyalty in sports, with the least of it, often coming from 'fans'.

I see the solider card has been played now as well. Amazing.