Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cora implicated in sign stealing

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I'm actually impressed teams can steal signs even with technology. The catcher and pitcher often vary the important sign in the sequence, which can change with every pitch. Something like "strikes plus one", so on a one strike count, the second sign is the true sign. If another strike is thrown, the third sign becomes the important one and the others are decoys.

And they can change the modifier at any time, to maybe "balls plus two" or whatever. Merely recording it and watching the signs play out is still very difficult to establish what is the actual sign...
    The team tryng to steal the signs better be right or there is a much higher chance of the hitter looking for a breaking ball and get the heater to the face . It may have worked for some, but thinking you heard the garbage can lid banging and hitting a baseball with high confidence are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    My guess is Cora may have to serve a suspension.

I'm thinking, how can the Astros not have known an ex-player would spill the beans at some point? If I was an ex-Astro and I was facing them in a game, I'd tell my team, anyway.
    In older school baseball world a squealer telling stories out of the clubhouse would be severely ostracized by his peers. Fiers may have thought he was doing a public service announcement to the rest of the league, bu it was probably not news to the rest of his fellow players.

My guess is Cora may have to serve a suspension.

I'm thinking, how can the Astros not have known an ex-player would spill the beans at some point? If I was an ex-Astro and I was facing them in a game, I'd tell my team, anyway.
    It's a good excuse to fire Cora. I wouldn't mind seeing a change of managers.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Bloom didn’t choose Cora. Remember that

Bloom won't fire the best Sox manager in history over this.

(Okay,arguably second best.)
    Sox 4 Ever

When they where Teeing off on Sale like they knew it was coming yeah I have a big Fing problem with this .That midget was buggy whipping the shit out of everyone we put up there .I am not happy with that cheating sack of shit manager in Houston .I want draft picks forfeited I want everyone involved fined and sued .We likely lost a Chance at a Championship because of this POS .Hinch should be fire and suspended from MLB for life if this is true .
    Last edited by Swiharts Ghost; 11-14-2019 at 09:28 PM.

Hey Moon that dipshit may have won 1 but he may have cost us another ..

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    When they where Teeing off on Sale like they knew it was coming yeah I have a big Fing problem with this .That midget was buggy whipping the shit out of everyone we put up there .I am not happy with that cheating sack of shit manager in Houston .I want draft picks forfeited I want everyone involved fined and sued .We likely lost a Chance at a Championship because of this POS .Hinch should be fire and suspended from MLB for life if this is true .
    Nothing to do with firing Cora.
    Sox 4 Ever

Hey Moon that dipshit may have won 1 but he may have cost us another ..
    Not even close.
    Sox 4 Ever

Not even close.
    Sure man whatever you say .Not even close huh ?

It's a list of stinkers.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I heard the audio that had an example of the banging on a trash can. It sounded like a cannon. Clearly audible to the cameras focusing on the plate and clearly before the pitch. This is only useful when there isn’t a guy on second base. When there’s a guy on second, the catcher switches it up. That being said, it’s not rocket science to figure out which sign they’re using if they’re using a series of signs. It takes about 3 pitches to figure it out, especially if you’ve got a guy looking at it.

This is going to be heavily penalized. Cora might see a suspension. Heck, Beltran might see a suspension before he even starts. Hinch might lose a season. Any players involved (like whoever banged the trash cans) will be fined and suspended as well. Betting on the game has always been heavily fined. But cheating to this degree leaves all options on the table. Hinch and Luhnow are in for a lengthy suspension, maybe long enough to have them replaced

Sure man whatever you say .Not even close huh ?
    To me, not even close to not even close.
    Sox 4 Ever

It's a list of stinkers.
    Got that right.
    Sox 4 Ever

It's a good excuse to fire Cora. I wouldn't mind seeing a change of managers.
    You think they're all morons so what's the difference.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.