Register now to remove this ad

Page 10 of 88 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 1310

Thread: Bloom move your asssssss

  1. #136
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    32,165
    The deal was fine actually.

  2. #137
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    32,165
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Well so far the only name on the table is Jake Marisnick. If Margot elicits an "Ewwww", whatever Marisnick gets out of you is probably best left untyped.

    If the Sox are determined to go cheap at the position, they could easily do A LOT worse than Manny Margot...
    I’ve got a bad feeling about this.

  3. #138
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    14,616
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I’ve got a bad feeling about this.
    Yes, we call that "recognizing the consequences"...

  4. #139
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    24,709
    Can't we wait until Logan Allen does something before we bitch about him? Like in the good old days?
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

  5. #140
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    32,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Can't we wait until Logan Allen does something before we bitch about him? Like in the good old days?
    Those Carlos Hi Ho Silva days or earlier?

  6. #141
    Swiharts ghost and family headed to Prague ,Germany , Austria for the Christmas markets .Chaain Choooooch Chad ? Whatever your weird name is Bloomy in good times you can imagine in bad get off your pancake and do some work .Hell Kimi has done more for the organization.Happy Thanksgiving Knuckleheads .

  7. #142
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,553
    Hangíem chiam needs to figure out how to move price and Martinez. After that, we can fill from the bargain free agent shelf.

  8. #143
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    24,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Hang’em chiam needs to figure out how to move price and Martinez. After that, we can fill from the bargain free agent shelf.
    You do realize it's spelled Chaim?
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

  9. #144
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    14,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    You do realize it's spelled Chaim?
    To be fair, he is working towards the correct pronunciation with his punnish moniker, something Bloom himself says he has to correct people on almost daily...

  10. #145
    The Rays made a bunch of trades and acquired good cheap talent. However keep in mind they were moving guys that didn’t make a lot of money-different story with the Sox

  11. #146
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    14,616
    I know itís still very early, but the complete lack of even rumors is becoming a sadly accustomed feeling these offseasons...

  12. #147
    Deity Slasher9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    10,848
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I know it’s still very early, but the complete lack of even rumors is becoming a sadly accustomed feeling these offseasons...
    i don't think there is much BlOOM can do. his hands are pretty well tied. especially the second JD decided to NOT opt out. i think he will have to do just enough non tenders/trades (HH, JBj, Leon) to get under the LT prior to game 1. depending on how far back we are come july we may get to see a Betts or JD trade.
    other names i have posted under: none

  13. #148
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    14,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    i don't think there is much BlOOM can do. his hands are pretty well tied. especially the second JD decided to NOT opt out. i think he will have to do just enough non tenders/trades (HH, JBj, Leon) to get under the LT prior to game 1. depending on how far back we are come july we may get to see a Betts or JD trade.
    I actually think heís just expiring options and there isnít usually much trade action this early.

    If his hands were truly tied, he would have to move Betts NOW to free up cash. I am almost positive any free agent spending will be limited to the bargain shelf already. But I do expect some activity.

    I also hope the whole notion of JD not opting out wasnít some big surprise that handicapped all their plans. I thought it was an incredibly obvious outcome. If Bloom was caught off guard by this predictable activity and was unprepared for it, I would be much less than excited about him as a GM...

  14. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I know it’s still very early, but the complete lack of even rumors is becoming a sadly accustomed feeling these offseasons...
    I used to really enjoy the Hot Stove season. In years past, right about now there would be lots of talk, and the signings would start this coming weekend. Now we have to wait until January.

  15. #150
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    32,165
    Quote Originally Posted by kenmeister View Post
    I used to really enjoy the Hot Stove season. In years past, right about now there would be lots of talk, and the signings would start this coming weekend. Now we have to wait until January.
    Nope. IT’S BLOOMS FAULT!!!!!!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •