Register now to remove this ad

Page 10 of 88 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloom move your asssssss

The deal was fine actually.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Well so far the only name on the table is Jake Marisnick. If Margot elicits an "Ewwww", whatever Marisnick gets out of you is probably best left untyped.

If the Sox are determined to go cheap at the position, they could easily do A LOT worse than Manny Margot...
    I’ve got a bad feeling about this.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I’ve got a bad feeling about this.
    Yes, we call that "recognizing the consequences"...

Can't we wait until Logan Allen does something before we bitch about him? Like in the good old days?
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Can't we wait until Logan Allen does something before we bitch about him? Like in the good old days?
    Those Carlos Hi Ho Silva days or earlier?

Swiharts ghost and family headed to Prague ,Germany , Austria for the Christmas markets .Chaain Choooooch Chad ? Whatever your weird name is Bloomy in good times you can imagine in bad get off your pancake and do some work .Hell Kimi has done more for the organization.Happy Thanksgiving Knuckleheads .

Hang’em chiam needs to figure out how to move price and Martinez. After that, we can fill from the bargain free agent shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Hang’em chiam needs to figure out how to move price and Martinez. After that, we can fill from the bargain free agent shelf.
    You do realize it's spelled Chaim?
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    You do realize it's spelled Chaim?
    To be fair, he is working towards the correct pronunciation with his punnish moniker, something Bloom himself says he has to correct people on almost daily...

The Rays made a bunch of trades and acquired good cheap talent. However keep in mind they were moving guys that didn’t make a lot of money-different story with the Sox

Deity
    I know it’s still very early, but the complete lack of even rumors is becoming a sadly accustomed feeling these offseasons...

I know it’s still very early, but the complete lack of even rumors is becoming a sadly accustomed feeling these offseasons...
    i don't think there is much BlOOM can do. his hands are pretty well tied. especially the second JD decided to NOT opt out. i think he will have to do just enough non tenders/trades (HH, JBj, Leon) to get under the LT prior to game 1. depending on how far back we are come july we may get to see a Betts or JD trade.
    other names i have posted under: none

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    i don't think there is much BlOOM can do. his hands are pretty well tied. especially the second JD decided to NOT opt out. i think he will have to do just enough non tenders/trades (HH, JBj, Leon) to get under the LT prior to game 1. depending on how far back we are come july we may get to see a Betts or JD trade.
    I actually think he’s just expiring options and there isn’t usually much trade action this early.

If his hands were truly tied, he would have to move Betts NOW to free up cash. I am almost positive any free agent spending will be limited to the bargain shelf already. But I do expect some activity.

I also hope the whole notion of JD not opting out wasn’t some big surprise that handicapped all their plans. I thought it was an incredibly obvious outcome. If Bloom was caught off guard by this predictable activity and was unprepared for it, I would be much less than excited about him as a GM...

I used to really enjoy the Hot Stove season. In years past, right about now there would be lots of talk, and the signings would start this coming weekend. Now we have to wait until January.

Quote Originally Posted by kenmeister View Post
    I used to really enjoy the Hot Stove season. In years past, right about now there would be lots of talk, and the signings would start this coming weekend. Now we have to wait until January.
    Nope. IT’S BLOOMS FAULT!!!!!!!!!!