Register now to remove this ad

Page 14 of 88 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloom move your asssssss

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Betts to the Dodgers.

JD to the White Sox.

Eovaldi & JBJ to Astros.

Price to the Padres.

I would like all but JDM trade. The Sox need his bat and attitude.

There is "Waiting for the Sun."
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Or “I Will Wait For Bloom” by Mumford and Sons
    Then of course there's Waiting for Godot. Now that was a tedious wait.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Mick Jagger was just waiting on a friend...

Quote Originally Posted by Tedballgame View Post
    I would like all but JDM trade. The Sox need his bat and attitude.
    With all the others gone, and JD likely opting out after 2020,especiallyif we blow everything up, why keep him just for one"rebuilding" year?
    Sox 4 Ever

Deity
    With all the others gone, and JD likely opting out after 2020,especiallyif we blow everything up, why keep him just for one"rebuilding" year?
    Just trade Price or Eovaldi. That doesn't constitute blowing anything up...

This !! Have to offer a piggyback player but it’s worth keeping Betts .But what if they offloaded Price not to keep Mookie but to make a run at someone else ?.or several players .
    Last edited by Swiharts Ghost; 12-07-2019 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    This !! Have to offer a piggyback player but it’s worth keeping Betts .But what if they offloaded Price not to keep Mookie but to make a run at someone else ?.or several players .
    If/when they trade Price it's because they're dead serious about cutting payroll.

Hopefully we can get away with just trading Price or Eovaldi and Bradley.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    If/when they trade Price it's because they're dead serious about cutting payroll.

Meanwhile, the experts are killing me with their speculations. Harold Reynolds on MLB said the Betts' case is simple: offer him $400 million, and if he refuses, trade him. Then there's the ESPN guys who proposed the Mookie to White Sox or Reds; if you keep reading, they also proposed Kris Bryant to the Braves for... wait for it, PACHE (good thing they didn't post that here). They even say that kind of deal may have to be expanded -- if the Cubs want young Braves' arms or Tyler Flowers -- to include Schwarber, Contreras and Almora.

Don't worry, I went to the trade site, and with all four Cubs for just Pache it said Major Overpay. But both the article and the site cite that it may work because of the teams' needs. At least I feel more validated that that consideration is considered.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Meanwhile, the experts are killing me with their speculations. Harold Reynolds on MLB said the Betts' case is simple: offer him $400 million, and if he refuses, trade him. Then there's the ESPN guys who proposed the Mookie to White Sox or Reds; if you keep reading, they also proposed Kris Bryant to the Braves for... wait for it, PACHE (good thing they didn't post that here). They even say that kind of deal may have to be expanded -- if the Cubs want young Braves' arms or Tyler Flowers -- to include Schwarber, Contreras and Almora.

Don't worry, I went to the trade site, and with all four Cubs for just Pache it said Major Overpay. But both the article and the site cite that it may work because of the teams' needs. At least I feel more validated that that consideration is considered.
    You can rip the simulator, but the talking heads at MLB.com and ESPN thro so much worse stuff out there. I think they just look at positions and fits and NEVER consider control or whether or not the player is actually any good...

I like this idea, but I'd add JBJ. Use the money to fill all the holes with cheap FAs or by trade. If we look to be out of it in July, look to trade JD and/or Betts.

I still think trying to stay halfway competitors weakens the rebuilding efforts and extends the time frame from becoming highly competitive.
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    You may not have to add anything (or just throw-in or cash), if you take back a lesser salary dump player.

Price for Myers

Eovaldi + a little cash for Reddick

Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post

Here's the rub,to me: the whole we can still be competitive in 2020 mantra has been based on the (slim) hopes that Sale,Price and Eovaldi all return to form. It's hard to build a case for us being competitive without a healthy Price, Eovaldi and JBJ.

I guess it might depend on what we get back in return (shouldn't be much) plus who we can sign with the savings, but it seems like playing it "halfway" could be the worst option. "Could be."

I'm really torn on what path to take. One day I feel like we should trade 5 guys (Betts, JBJ, Price, Eovaldi& JD), but the next day I'm thinking just JBJ and wait to July. I kind of feel like it should be one or five not 2-4 players dealt.
    Sox 4 Ever

The Red Sox FO doesn't need a trade simulator...they need a trade stimulator.

Deity
    You may not have to add anything (or just throw-in or cash), if you take back a lesser salary dump player.

Price for Myers

Eovaldi + a little cash for Reddick

Or Eovaldi for Odor, which works on the simulator. Eovaldi for Belt doesn’t but SF might be into it anyway.

But at some point, the Sox shouldn’t unload too many pitchers. They do have a season to play.,,

Or Eovaldi for Odor, which works on the simulator. Eovaldi for Belt doesn’t but SF might be into it anyway.

But at some point, the Sox shouldn’t unload too many pitchers. They do have a season to play.,,
    It took this one:

Eovaldi, Chavis & JBJ for Belt & Yaz. We could kick in some cash, too.

I just posted:

Eovaldi, Chavis & Chatham for Belt & Dubon
    Last edited by moonslav59; 12-07-2019 at 01:59 PM.
    Sox 4 Ever