Register now to remove this ad

Page 19 of 88 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloom move your asssssss

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Anything reactionary is stupid, but they certainly could make a reactionary payroll cut that hurt the team, like trading Bogaerts...
    yankees fans aren't very smaht. i think the brain is affected by pinstripped glasses they are always wearing....
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    yankees fans aren't very smaht. i think the brain is affected by pinstripped glasses they are always wearing....
    Says the guy who cannot spell pinstriped

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Says the guy who cannot spell pinstriped
    my rose coloured glassses effect my brain two!
    other names i have posted under: none

Kluber out of Whitesox division may give them a jolt of aggressive moves first should be Price and Benny .Just a guess.

I like your ambition, SGhost... Vaughn does seem like a Bloom kinda guy; I just looked him up on b-ref and his listed position is first baseman and relief pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    I like your ambition, SGhost... Vaughn does seem like a Bloom kinda guy; I just looked him up on b-ref and his listed position is first baseman and relief pitcher.
    That is super funny .Yes Vaughn has me locked in on the Whitesox .Benny has been their target for years my friend .

Deity
    He was drafted last year. Dalbec was also a pitcher in college, but teams will make players like Vaughn and Dalbec settle in on one position or another. Vaughn did not pitch in the minors last year, so I think that issue is settled with him for now.

Some do change if it isn’t working out, like Trey Ball and Matt Bush did...
    Last edited by notin; 12-15-2019 at 02:24 PM.

He was drafted last year. Dalbec was also a pitcher in college, but teams will make players like Vaughn and Dalbec settle in on one position or another. Vaughn did not pitch in the minors last year, so I think that issue is settled with him for now.

Some do change if it isn’t working out, like Trey Ball and Matt Bush did...
    But Bloom's Rays did promote McKay last year as a pitcher and DH. Wish Ball could morph into a Rick Ankiel for a few years...

Deity
    But Bloom's Rays did promote McKay last year as a pitcher and DH. Wish Ball could morph into a Rick Ankiel for a few years...
    McKay is looking like the exception, and even he might settle in to one role or the other.

Rick Ankiel is a nice recall. Babe Ruth was obviously the most successful change, but history seems to have largely forgotten about Lefty O’Doul, who was a pretty weak pitcher who reinvented himself as a Hall of Fame caliber outfielder...

Bloom needs to pull his thumb out of his ass and start building a lock-down bullpen. Regardless of what the Yankees have done this off-season, the Red Sox are still deep and talented. The strategy should be the same as it was in 2018... have the pitching come out of the gate strong and carry the team until the weather and the offense heats up. If the pitching gets us off to a good start, the 2020 team will roll. Price, Sale and Eovaldi had plenty of down time in 2019 to heal up and start the season healthy. Together with ERod, they are a formidable starting staff. The decision last Spring Training that had the pitchers behind the league when the season started dug a fatally big hole for the team. Bloom needs to get some dominant BP arms and fill in a few other details. I am not seeing any evident strategy at play by Bloom. It's to get moving.
    Last edited by a700hitter; 12-15-2019 at 05:52 PM.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Good one on maybe the only Lefty known for his southpaw swing. There was also a bat-left, throws-right guy -- Bob Lemon -- who did it in reverse and became a Hall of Fame pitcher. Sox fans might recall he eventually managed the '78 Yankees after Billy Martin was fired for the 89th time (that was the year Boston tied NY for the division in Game 162, after trailing by 3 1/2 games in mid-Sept... only to fall one-run short in a supplementary round).

Bloom needs to pull his thumb out of his ass and start building a lock-down bullpen. Regardless of what the Yankees have done this off-season, the Red Sox are still deep and talented. The strategy should be the same as it was in 2018... have the pitching come out of the gate strong and carry the team until the weather and the offense heats up. If the pitching gets us off to a good start, the 2020 team will roll. Price, Sale and Eovaldi had plenty of down time in 2019 to heal up and start the season healthy. Together with ERod, they are a formidable starting staff. The decision last Spring Training that had the pitchers behind the league when the season started dug a fatally big hole for the team. Bloom needs to get some dominant BP arms and fill in a few other details. I am not seeing any evident strategy at play by Bloom. It's to get moving.
    It seems that Bloom is MIA. Has anyone filed a missing persons report with the Mass State Police or the Boston PD?

Bloom has CLEARLY been given a directive to cut payroll. If he wasn't given that directive, then why the heck do you sign Perez and Peraza when other more effective players were there at a higher price. In doing so, none of the big names are coming to Boston. My bet is you see Workman closing games again with Barnes and Hembree ahead of him. DHern will probably be a starter in ST, but transition to the pen thereafter. Bloom is known for picking diamonds off the clearance rack. You'll probably see a guy like Rondon or Strop find their way to Boston on a 1 yr deal.
    Hal sucks

Deity
    Good one on maybe the only Lefty known for his southpaw swing. There was also a bat-left, throws-right guy -- Bob Lemon -- who did it in reverse and became a Hall of Fame pitcher. Sox fans might recall he eventually managed the '78 Yankees after Billy Martin was fired for the 89th time (that was the year Boston tied NY for the division in Game 162, after trailing by 3 1/2 games in mid-Sept... only to fall one-run short in a supplementary round).

Wasn’t Lemon the centerfielder for one of Feller’s no hitters? If I recall the story correctly - not always the case - it happened after Lemon converted to pitching...

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Elktonnick View Post
    It seems that Bloom is MIA. Has anyone filed a missing persons report with the Mass State Police or the Boston PD?
    He can’t add much until he subtracts a lot. I know Sox fans aren’t used to a payroll crunch, but that’s where the Sox are after the mess Dombrowski left behind....