Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloom move your asssssss

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    In Bloom We Trust
    Or in Bloom we Bust ? On the stick Bzzzz bzzzzzz Bzzzzz goes the little Worker bee stealing the Blooms Pollens.Making Honey right behind The Blooms back .While the Bloom acts like a Bloomin Onion .Be the Flower Bloom Be The pretty Flower in the Room .
    Last edited by Swiharts Ghost; 11-16-2019 at 06:18 PM.

In Bloom We Trust
    Not sure he has done squat yet to have earned that right!

Right now he continues to revamp the analytics department. Not sure what comes of that, but it’s hard evaluate all the chatter coming in from o’halloran unless he can process the data properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    Or in Bloom we Bust ? On the stick Bzzzz bzzzzzz Bzzzzz goes the little Worker bee stealing the Blooms Pollens.Making Honey right behind The Blooms back .While the Bloom acts like a Bloomin Onion .Be the Flower Bloom Be The pretty Flower in the Room .
    LOL You crack me up.

I have 100% confidence in Bloom, based on what I've read and heard about him. So yes, In Bloom I Trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Not sure he has done squat yet to have earned that right!

Right now he continues to revamp the analytics department. Not sure what comes of that, but it’s hard evaluate all the chatter coming in from o’halloran unless he can process the data properly.
    You are right that he hasn't done anything for us yet. Also, he has a very tough task ahead of him. That said, his reputation precedes him. I expect the team to be competitive in 2020. I'm not sure if the payroll will be where Henry wants it to be this year, nor will the farm system be where we need it to be this year, but Bloom will get those things headed in the right direction.

Deity
    You are right that he hasn't done anything for us yet. Also, he has a very tough task ahead of him. That said, his reputation precedes him. I expect the team to be competitive in 2020. I'm not sure if the payroll will be where Henry wants it to be this year, nor will the farm system be where we need it to be this year, but Bloom will get those things headed in the right direction.
    Bloom’s “reputation” for building a low budget contender might need to be tempered just a tad. While what he did this year in Tampa was impressive, bear in mind his division competitors included the worst team in the league, another team trying to unload all its major leaguers to replace them with their kids, and a Dave Dombrowski’s quarter billion dollar tribute to Murphy’s Law...

It may be hackneyed but it is neverless true,"Rome was not built in a day"

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Bloom’s “reputation” for building a low budget contender might need to be tempered just a tad. While what he did this year in Tampa was impressive, bear in mind his division competitors included the worst team in the league, another team trying to unload all its major leaguers to replace them with their kids, and a Dave Dombrowski’s quarter billion dollar tribute to Murphy’s Law...
    Sorry, I have a hard time tempering my enthusiasm about Bloom. I'm excited! Every report I've read from anyone in baseball raves about this guy and thinks that the Sox scored a huge victory in signing him. It's not just this year, it's his long standing reputation. Have I mentioned that I'm excited?!

Quote Originally Posted by Elktonnick View Post
    It may be hackneyed but it is neverless true,"Rome was not built in a day"
    Definitely. It is going to take some time.

Hopefully, Henry has the patience to stick with Bloom for more than 2-3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    96 wins with that payroll is impressive, period.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    96 wins with that payroll is impressive, period.
    Ok but they did go 37-20 against Baltimore, Toronto and Boston...

Bloom what do you neeeeeed ? Mooooooveth thy caboooothis

And what was desperate Dave’s reputation before he got here?

MLBTR suggests a possible trade:

Betts to CWS for 2B prospect (#40 on MLB Pipeline) Nick Madrigal.

If we did that, why not trade Price for Wil Myers & a prospect and Eovalid & JD for ML ready prospects.

Maybe then, we'd have the funds to re-sign Betts and a few moderate free agents and a nice core of young players to make them want to play in Boston.

Note: I am not saying I want to trade Betts and others. I'm just putting this out there as a long shot option.

When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Only person they need to start with is Kopech if that's a non starter they can pound sand

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    Only person they need to start with is Kopech if that's a non starter they can pound sand
    The Red Sox aren't exactly negotiating from a position of strength this offseason. The Sox may be pounding sand.

Or not.