Register now to remove this ad

Page 59 of 88 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloom move your asssssss

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Thanks for coming clean and finally not pretending to help the Betts situation. Now let's be totally honest... Yankee fans should be hoping in this order: 1A) Mookie is traded to NY for their two worst defensive players who don't have a position, plus a few minor leaguers who are not top prospects... and 1B) he signs with the Yanks for the next decade, wins some rings and wears their cap on his plaque... or 1C) he is traded to anyone else this year, because as long as he's a Red Sox they have a better chance to beat NY... and finally 4) your scenario.
    I’m entirely fine with the Sox keeping Betts. Clearly option 1a is a good one, but let’s be honest, that ain’t happening. He isn't signing in NY, we don’t need him. The Sox are deconstructing from an 84 win squad. We added to a 103 win team. Betts or no Betts, we’re better. My concern is what the Sox do for team building as it pertains to 2023-2025 range which a Betts deal now will absolutely impact.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I’m entirely fine with the Sox keeping Betts. Clearly option 1a is a good one, but let’s be honest, that ain’t happening. He isn't signing in NY, we don’t need him. The Sox are deconstructing from an 84 win squad. We added to a 103 win team. Betts or no Betts, we’re better. My concern is what the Sox do for team building as it pertains to 2023-2025 range which a Betts deal now will absolutely impact.

Wow. You’re already claiming victory not only in 2020, but also 2021 and 2022??!?! Are you even remotely aware how these marquee moves have turned out in the past? Remember losing the closest World Series ever and adding Mike Mussina? No title. Then Giambi. No title. Then A-ARod. Most humiliating postseason loss in MLB history. Then Randy Johnson. Etc.

You might want to reel in those expectations before typing your response about how “different” 2020 will be...
    Last edited by notin; 01-01-2020 at 11:51 AM.

It makes me laugh when someone says, "we" when referring to the team they follow. Like they are on the team. LOL! Get a life. You are not on the team! Sounds like you are 5 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedballgame View Post
    It makes me laugh when someone says, "we" when referring to the team they follow. Like they are on the team. LOL! Get a life. You are not on the team! Sounds like you are 5 years old.
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Well, we are the fingertips of fandom. Urg, that's about as bad as the '18 postseason promo Is you ready?

How many days exactly before pitchers and catchers? Stat men, assist me, please...

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Agreed. Plus it only involves typing two letters....

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedballgame View Post
    We each come from different backgrounds.

As an adolescent sportswriter I learned early on to never use a personal pronoun to associate myself with a team.

I chuckle when forum posters respond with “you” in reference to the Seattle Mariners.

But it’s all harmless.

Legend
    2 Rentals trying to Trade.
    3 Pitchers with history of Arm Problems, and big contracts. Trying to move.
    Told to try to get Under Luxury Tax.
    Bad Minor League System for help.
    Every team in Baseball know the dilemma.
    Wonder if Bloom wished he stayed in Tampa.
    Going to be a interesting 2020, for him, and Sox Fans.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 01-02-2020 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    Yeah, sure, just like the last two months have been interesting.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    He has been fairly successful where he has been so I'm going with the fact that he knew exactly what he was getting into when he signed on the bottom line. Pretty sure that he understands that real success is dealing positively with the challenges that you face. Been a lot of doom and gloom projected here by some who know more about the current financial situation of this team than i do for sure but this guy has bought in to what is a dream job for most. I'm not the least bit concerned at present. That feeling could change for sure but I don't think that his primary focus is on where we are apt to be in 5 years as opposed to where we will be in 5 months.

Now that the other options are off the board, you might see some movement. But beware, you’re probably not going to like any of the deals Bloom makes up front, but he seems to win most of them in the end

Now that the other options are off the board, you might see some movement. But beware, you’re probably not going to like any of the deals Bloom makes up front, but he seems to win most of them in the end
    I fully expect the return for JBJ and Price and/or Eovalid to be unappealing. I'm hopeful those trades get us under by enough for Bloom to work his magic on acquiring under the radar contributors.

When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I fully expect the return for JBJ and Price and/or Eovalid to be unappealing. I'm hopeful those trades get us under by enough for Bloom to work his magic on acquiring under the radar contributors.

Any further team additions are either scrap heap types or low budget trades, so he shouldn’t have to clear much salary to make additions. Whether they are upgrades or not remains to be seen

Thank you for trolling the Sox fans who already hate Bloom after 2 months...
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Any further team additions are either scrap heap types or low budget trades, so he shouldn’t have to clear much salary to make additions. Whether they are upgrades or not remains to be seen
    The more budget space we create the more options Bloom will have. There may be some good players out there making moderate salaries that we can afford.
    I’m looking more at 2021 and beyond than 2020, but I’m not totally giving up on this season, yet. Any team with Betts, Bogey, Devers , JD & Sale can surprise,