Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Miguel Andujar for Kyle Schwarber trade speculation

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    I like him OK, but he's not in the top tier of SP, he might need a change but he's more like a "2nd tier" SP, more similar to the Paxton level. For me Top tier are only a few pitchers in the league, like Cole, Strasburg, Buehler, deGrom, Scherzer, etc.

I'm not saying he won't be a good trade, but I don't see this trade with the Rockies happening, they have Arenado in 3B and Daniel Murphy in 1b for the next 2 years, maybe moving Andujar to the OF, or sending back Murphy as part of the package might work for the Rockies, too many ifs

Basically guys you couldn't trade Andujar for without having some seriously good blackmail on the other GM.

If the Rockies could get Andujar, I don't think they would let oft-injured Danny Murphy be the obstacle. Did the Yankees let Ellsbury get in the way of acquiring Aaron Hicks?

Of course, trading Andujar for Schwarber, which is the thread title here, would just be a bad move by the Yankees...
    Last edited by notin; 11-21-2019 at 01:17 PM.

Thing is, we don’t need to deal Andujar. If we want him to work on 3rd, he’s got options remaining. If we want his bat in the lineup, we’ve got COF, 1b, 3b and DH at bats for him. If we want to move him, we will get something good. I don’t deal Andujar for a one year rental. I’d rather buff his stock and move him for someone special or keep him.

I have said before that we need a leader in our rotation. We have enough talent in that rotation. Nobody has more raw talent than Sevy. Paxton is close. German has incredible talent. Tanaka has been a post season ace. Happ has proven previously and at the end of the year that he can survive as a 5. The problem is, we need a leader. We need a CC circa 2009. We need a guy who is going to be the face of the rotation. THAT is how you reinforce this team and win a World Series. That is all we need. We’ve got tons of offensive talent. We’ve got a bullpen that can win games on its own at times. We just need a guy to hand the ball to on opening day to show this team the way to do it. I don’t want a Jon Gray if that’s the only addition. I don’t want a Zach Wheeler if that’s the only addition. I need an ace. Give me Stras. Give me Cole. Heck, maybe even some MadBum love would help. But don’t give me a guy who cannot do it. We need someone more than just a has been ace like CC was. We need someone to count on in the ace role

he's the worst defensive 3bman i have ever seen. i hope the yankees keep him. but if they do trade him...hope its for a DH and not pitching. lol. cashman.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    he's the worst defensive 3bman i have ever seen. i hope the yankees keep him. but if they do trade him...hope its for a DH and not pitching. lol. cashman.
    Now that is hyperbole and you know it.
    Hal sucks

he's the worst defensive 3bman i have ever seen...
    Are you mocking me?

Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Are you mocking me?

i am not sir.
    the dude is terrible at defense and puts zero work into improving it. he is the opposite of devers.

Deity
    i am not sir.
    the dude is terrible at defense and puts zero work into improving it. he is the opposite of devers.
    And yet if the Red Sox could get Andujar and plug him in at 1B, I would be extremely excited...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    And yet if the Red Sox could get Andujar and plug him in at 1B, I would be extremely excited...
    i think players get hurt playing 1b tho???

Deity
    i think players get hurt playing 1b tho???
    So encase him in bubble wrap, hand him a glove and send his ass out there....

i am not sir.
    Now this is just dumb. Andujar has been working on his defense constantly and since being cleared to throw, has been at their tampa complex gearing up for the season. The idea that he isn't working is preposterous. The possibility that his issues aren't correctable is there, though
    Hal sucks

All-Star
    With the Cubs looking like sellers, the talk of Kyle to the Yankees is back. If I'm Cashman I call Theo and make him an offer for Rizzo.

I don’t do that at all. With our salary issues, adding someone older who makes a lot of money, even if he’s worth that money, doesn’t help us in the long run. We got to the ALCS because of our depth. Dealing that depth off prior to when we need to is a recipe for failure.

Listen, Voit was every bit as good as Rizzo prior to injuring his oblique in July. I’d like to see what Voit can do when he’s healthy

Quote Originally Posted by Meh View Post
    With the Cubs looking like sellers, the talk of Kyle to the Yankees is back. If I'm Cashman I call Theo and make him an offer for Rizzo.
    I Like Rizzo, but not for Andujar; if we deal Andujar it should be for a good SP.

If we can get Rizzo for Voit and some others mid level prospects, I'm all in. The Cubs will want a top prospect for Rizzo and we're not that desperate for a 1B

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    I Like Rizzo, but not for Andujar; if we deal Andujar it should be for a good SP.

If we can get Rizzo for Voit and some others mid level prospects, I'm all in. The Cubs will want a top prospect for Rizzo and we're not that desperate for a 1B

The Yankees should just forget about trading Andujar for Rizzo or Schwarber and just play him at 1b. An infield of Andujar (1b), LeMahieu (2b), Torres (SS), and Urshela (3b) seems fine to me...

Voit can swing it too, so that’s not entirely perfect. Listen, I wonder if Gio moves around the diamond a little bit to ensure everyone gets rest