Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Big D Ricky P maybe back

The Mets are preparing to move someone. I wonder if Thor is available. Now they have 6 starters under contract
    Hal sucks

Looks like the Mets are going to get Porcello Brutal news.

The friggin Sox better make a move and get someone reliable. And that is absolutely key right now. We need a reliable 4th guy more so than just a lights out pitcher..... With Sale burning out toward the end of the season 2 years ago and then he was hurt and missed a chunk last season, Price is always hurt, Eovaldi is injury prone, losing a guy like Porcello that could go 5 or more when asked to is a huge loss. Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    It's us who needs to do the walking.

He's past 30, now, and we can't afford $10M+ for our 5th starter. Even if we dump Price or Eovaldi, we should spend the money more wisely and spread it out more. We have too many holes to fill to spend that much on anyone.
    I like you Moon and you're a smart man, but I think you will regret saying this if we get someone in Rick's position and they get hurt. With Price and Evo being a bandaid and Sale is a huge question mark right now. We absolutely needed a guy that could just go out there when called upon. Not saying I won't eat my own words if we get someone who pitches awesome and stays healthy but losing a guy like Porcello that never got hurt just sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    The friggin Sox better make a move and get someone reliable. And that is absolutely key right now. We need a reliable 4th guy more so than just a lights out pitcher..... With Sale burning out toward the end of the season 2 years ago and then he was hurt and missed a chunk last season, Price is always hurt, Eovaldi is injury prone, losing a guy like Porcello that could go 5 or more when asked to is a huge loss. Ugh
    Get ready for an opener.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    The Mets are preparing to move someone. I wonder if Thor is available. Now they have 6 starters under contract
    Maybe we can get him for Betts.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Legend
    NL, bigger park. Inning eater, good move by the Mets. He came out of the BP, the WS year in the Play-offs, and had some important Relief appearances, Fans forget. Just like Moreland's HR against the Dodgers, in game 4.
    Rick had 2 Holds in games in the Play-offs, that year.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 12-12-2019 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Looks like the Mets are going to get Porcello Brutal news.
    it was time to part ways with Porcello. In 5 years, he had 3 brutally bad seasons, 1 meh and a Cy Young. Not worth what he was paid.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I read somewhere that they are talking to the Astros about Correa, that will be a blockbuster

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    I read somewhere that they are talking to the Astros about Correa, that will be a blockbuster
    That really makes sense. Wont happen.

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    That really makes sense. Wont happen.
    Who knows, the mets are famous because they mess trades very often

Legend
    Both FA's in 2022. Price pretty close I think too. This might happen.

it was time to part ways with Porcello. In 5 years, he had 3 brutally bad seasons, 1 meh and a Cy Young. Not worth what he was paid.
    Ya fair enough, if we could get Noah Syndergaard I would be happy with that.

Legend
    At 10 million I would have brought Rick back.

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    At 10 million I would have brought Rick back.
    Most of us would, the other Boston Sox page I am on they all wanted him back at that price too. But to each their own. Sucks losing a reliable pitcher (even though he wasn't great last season) Whos to say Syndergaard will be any better.