Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Big D Ricky P maybe back

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    While also strangely being the leader of the “Just Say Yes to Julio Teheran” Club
    Stranger is the Lindblom fan club.
    Sox 4 Ever

Good call on this guy, moon -- you scooped Bradford... who wrote today: "A guy like Josh Lindbloom -- the 32-year-old pitcher who last performed in the majors in 2014 but has been rejuvenated in the Korean Baseball League -- would normally be an intriguing option for the Red Sox' rotation's final spot. But he will cost money, and that doesn't line up with the Sox' current world."

Although I won't be surprised if the owners ultimately decide to pay the tax and go for it again. Especially, like Elk said in the other thread, if the tax itself is going to be reset in a few years...

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Good call on this guy, moon -- you scooped Bradford... who wrote today: "A guy like Josh Lindbloom -- the 32-year-old pitcher who last performed in the majors in 2014 but has been rejuvenated in the Korean Baseball League -- would normally be an intriguing option for the Red Sox' rotation's final spot. But he will cost money, and that doesn't line up with the Sox' current world."

Although I won't be surprised if the owners ultimately decide to pay the tax and go for it again. Especially, like Elk said in the other thread, if the tax itself is going to be reset in a few years...
    If Lindblom is too expensive, maybe they grab the surprisingly available Zack Brown in the Rule 5 draft. Of course, Milwaukee probably had a good reason for not protecting him and it might be a case of getting what you pay for...

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post

If we dump Price and JBJ, we can more than afford Lindblom and several others like him or even slightly more expensive.
    Sox 4 Ever

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    If we dump Price and JBJ, we can more than afford Lindblom and several others like him or even slightly more expensive.
    I'm not so sure "several Josh Lindblom's" is the enticement you want it to be...

I'm not so sure "several Josh Lindblom's" is the enticement you want it to be...
    True nuff
    Sox 4 Ever

Reports we are not able n talks with any of our own FA .Ooopsy

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    Notin is right .Bloom has a heartbeat and this deserves some excitement in itself .
    He does, or was it that he just switched thumbs?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

If Lindblom is too expensive, maybe they grab the surprisingly available Zack Brown in the Rule 5 draft. Of course, Milwaukee probably had a good reason for not protecting him and it might be a case of getting what you pay for...
    The problem with Brown is that he wants to bring his entire band with him. I don't see that as being a bad thing. At least we would know he's going to be entertaining even if he can't pitch.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    The problem with Brown is that he wants to bring his entire band with him. I don't see that as being a bad thing. At least we would know he's going to be entertaining even if he can't pitch.

Well played. I wanted to do a joke like that, but my few quick thought felt too cumbersome...

All-Star
    Jon Heyman @JonHeyman
    Rick Porcello has a 3-year offer but inclination seems to be to fo a 1-year deal and reset. Very dependable pitcher. Has qualified for 11 straight era titles (162 plus innings)

My crystal ball says Big D Ricky P ain't walking back through that door.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    He does, or was it that he just switched thumbs?

False alarm. No breathe on the mirror...

Big Dick to sign with Mets.

Phew!
    Sox 4 Ever

Hope he wins another CY.
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

1/10 good signing
    ( I won't say the "C word.")