Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Big D Ricky P maybe back

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    Conspiracy theory on Rick back to Redsox.....Deal already in place to trade Evoldi or Price .

And like most conspiracy theories, it falls apart with the simple question of “Why?”

That's irrelevant notin it's the cube inside the square inside the well you know .The brain of Bloom is a dark moving cloud of wonder years .

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    How much are the Sox reportedly offering?
    If it's near the $11M/1 offer MLBTR suggested, it's too much. $18M/2 is too much, as well.
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    If it's near the $11M/1 offer MLBTR suggested, it's too much. $18M/2 is too much, as well.
    What? Did you actually watch Porcello throw the ball last year or just read the box score? He was horrible and uninjured!

Time to let Porcello be someone else’s problem!

If he's cheap, I'd welcome him back. I think he could have a bounce back year and at the very least he stays healthy and eats innings, he's good bottom of rotation guy.

Larry did you mean to quote Moon ? If so you may want to put the eggnog down friend .

What if Rick is an opener?
    Rick's worst innings were often the 1st or 2nd. Not an opener. Maybe he could throw a bullpen, then come in in the 3rd-4th-5th before having trouble.

Yes, there are at least 2 starting roles to fill, plus some depth on the mound, but it is hard to see Porcello being anything but a reltively expensive 1-2 year plug. Would you rather keep JBJr at $10 million or Rick Porcello ?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    What? Did you actually watch Porcello throw the ball last year or just read the box score? He was horrible and uninjured!

Time to let Porcello be someone else’s problem!
    I'm the leader of the "Just say No to Rick" club.
    Sox 4 Ever

Well, it's not your money or my money. If it doesn't have a ripple effect of making them trade Mookie, I'm happy with a Porcello reunion.

Quote Originally Posted by kenmeister View Post
    Well, it's not your money or my money. If it doesn't have a ripple effect of making them trade Mookie, I'm happy with a Porcello reunion.
    If we don't reset, then anything goes. If resetting is a true goal, signing Porcello will have to have a ripple effect.
    Sox 4 Ever

Moon do you really believe we are going to cut payroll? Naahhh they just lost 50 million on games and merch sales by missing playoffs .So we are going to what ? Rebuild ? Not a chance in hell

Deity
    If we don't reset, then anything goes. If resetting is a true goal, signing Porcello will have to have a ripple effect.
    If things don’t workout maybe they have a true fire sale at the deadline...

Moon do you really believe we are going to cut payroll? Naahhh they just lost 50 million on games and merch sales by missing playoffs .So we are going to what ? Rebuild ? Not a chance in hell
    Yes, 90% sure.

I think we trade JBJ to get barely under and wait to the deadline. We may trade Price or Eovaldi and still try to compete in 2020. We might be better with Wil Myers and 2 dependable SP'ers we can sign with the savings.

Re-setting may not mean giving up.
    Sox 4 Ever

Deity
    I'm the leader of the "Just say No to Rick" club.

While also strangely being the leader of the “Just Say Yes to Julio Teheran” Club

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    While also strangely being the leader of the “Just Say Yes to Julio Teheran” Club
    I much prefer Roark, and I only mentioned Teheran, because he eats innings and makes those I'm trying to sell the idea to more palatable.

I'd much prefer Roark and someone like Lindblom or some other low risk bridge signing.

I'm leaning towards just looking towards 2021 and beyond (at least this minute, anyways).
    Sox 4 Ever