Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Yankees now the favorite for the 2020 World Series

Yankees now the favorite for the 2020 World Series

It is always fun when the paper team is put into action starting in 2 months, but one can dream. The Cole move has unequivocally pushed the Yanks to the favorite positive for the World Series in 2020. The only team ahead of them in the AL was just pilfered and we stole from them. The loss of Didi and Romine can be filled internally and their 2019 productions can be replicated with who we have (or even outproduced). The loss of Betances (maybe) is no real loss as we saw only 2/3 IP from him during our 103 win campaign. The loss of Happ will likely be addition by subtraction. Not sure if we lose Gardy yet, but we will need a CFer/4th OFer for the beginning of the year with Hicks out with TJS. But this team is deep. This team is going to be dominant. There are now no weaknesses. This is gonna be fun. The first line is the expected starter on Opening day with the depth behind it

C- Sanchez, Higashioka
    1B- Voit, Ford, Andujar
    2B- Lemahieu, Wade, Estrada
    SS- Torres, Wade, Estrada
    3B- Urshela, Andujar
    LF- Stanton, Frazier, Tauchman, Andujar
    CF- Tauchman, Judge, Hicks
    RF- Judge, Stanton, Tauchman
    DH- Andujar, Ford, Frazier

That is some serious depth. Where we will need to add in Hicks' stead is to our OF depth. Tauchman is a hell of a defender and really came on as a hitter. In our righty dominated lineup, he is going to be important. But we cannot entirely expect Stanton to man LF more than half the time, so there is a solid chance either Andujar shows he can handle it or we go with Frazier out there while Stanton slips to DH. We have power in every slot. There are no impending FAs. This lineup is loaded for bear and will continue to be dominant for awhile. We hit over 300HR and missed 2 months of Judge and a season of Stanton. The HR totals from this team will be crazu

SP1- Cole
    SP2- Severino
    SP3- Paxton
    SP4- Tanaka
    SP5- German
    SP6- Montgomery
    SP7- Loaisiga
    SP8- Happ (expected to be dealt)
    SP9- D. Garcia
    SP10- C. Schmidt

Power, depth, and now a true blue ace. Severino put two seasons together of true ace-hood but faded by the end. Cole did anything but that the past two seasons. He takes the pressure off of Severino. He also can be the leader and allow the others to follow. Paxton and Tanaka are entering contract years, so their production will be very important to their bottom line. But this rotation is deep, is powerful and is probably the best in the AL.

CL- Chapman
    SU- Britton
    SU- Ottavino
    SU- Kahnle
    SU- Green
    RP- Holder
    RP- Cessa
    RP- Loaisiga
    RP- Heller

Lots of power here. The back end is locked in. The top 5 in the pecking order all have wipeout stuff. The new additions in Heller and potentially Loaisiga should add some serious octane to the group and at a low cost. Lots more prospects coming up with fire in their arms, no idea if they will get a shot but this is deep

This is the best Yankee team I have seen in awhile. In the 90s-2012, we were a star driven team with some holes. This is a deep team with some stars, but no real holes. Cole's signing puts the target on our backs. Cole's signing elevates us to where we had been previously. This is gonna be fun
    Hal sucks

Dont get too ahead of yourself. Look what happened to Boston this past year.
    Multiple stars could have a bad year and more injuries could occur

signing one guy doesn’t make you the favorite for anything. Regardless I would be on cloud 9 if we got Cole too. I’m jealous and also threw up from the contract signing. These contracts are insane.

Is this the new version of the Yankees Season Thread?
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Offseason champs!!!! Woot!!!!

Remember the Jays a few years ago when they won the offseason?

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxrules View Post
    Dont get too ahead of yourself. Look what happened to Boston this past year.
    Multiple stars could have a bad year and more injuries could occur
    More injuries than 2019? I don't think so. I get the under performing could happen, but this team is built to overcome a few players with bad numbers and still be OK

Deity
    Oh no!! They're the favorites!! There is no point in even playing the season now. I say we cancel the Winter Meetings and just have the parade.

Or ... we can accept the fact that being favorites plus $9.50 can get you a Cafe Americana Mocha Frappiano Panceta RalphMacchio Late at Starbucks with the name "Jar Jar Binks" written on the side of the cup.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    More injuries than 2019? I don't think so. I get the under performing could happen, but this team is built to overcome a few players with bad numbers and still be OK
    Famous last words...

Cole makes the rotation a lot better and provides a bonafide ace, but it is still going to be hard to replicate the win total from last season. Despite all the injuries in 2019 a lot of things went right for us, like multiple players having career years and exceeding expectations. Cole should be great, but he's essentially taking German's spot and German pitched like an ace for us for more than half the season, so I don't see our win total drastically shooting up unless we have more surprise players emerge in 2020. Where Cole should truly help is in the postseason, where we were basically relying on our guys to go four innings and turning the game over to the bullpen.