Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2020 Yankee Prospects Thread

That's the rub. Oppenheimer always hits in the mid rounds with at least one pitcher, someone who either makes the bigs or gets enough pub to be shipped off for something useful. Seems to happen yearly. But his misses in the first and second round are just abhorrent. It seems he always tries to get the character guy rather than the guy with the best tools. I have heard "the sum is greater than his parts" line too many times to believe it anymore. Seigler was said to be this defensive whiz who's offensive potential is better than those scouting and his character "is off the charts!". I don't give a rat's ass about that. I don't need a bunch of first round pick busts who end up coaching. I can take the injured pitchers in the first round. Hensley, fine, his arm exploded when we got him. That happens. But the drafting of Culver, Seigler, Holder and now Volpe really makes me nauseated. Stop with these glue guys who's floor and ceiling is as the 26th man.
    Hal sucks

So KLaw actually looked beyond AA for once. He’s ranked the Yanks as the 6th best farm in baseball despite only having 3-4 top 100 prospects (based on multiple rankings, Dominguez and Garcia are on all lists with some lists including Gil and others including Schmidt). He notes that the Yanks have prospects in short season that teams are asking for in deal, and they’ve got a deep stable waiting for development outside of the top 100. Cabello, Pereira, Chirinos, Garcia, etc etc etc. The pitching is very deep throughout and the system will show their depth this season with the injuries out of the gate. I’m surprised since typically KLaw avoids anything below AA, but since teams are using more analytics and are more willing to deal for an analytics driven low minors darling over a production based upper minors player without the same measurable, it was a much needed thing. The point of these rankings is to determine which teams have the biggest cache of good players at their disposal for either deals or promotions and not including younger players makes rankings useless

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    So KLaw actually looked beyond AA for once. He’s ranked the Yanks as the 6th best farm in baseball despite only having 3-4 top 100 prospects (based on multiple rankings, Dominguez and Garcia are on all lists with some lists including Gil and others including Schmidt). He notes that the Yanks have prospects in short season that teams are asking for in deal, and they’ve got a deep stable waiting for development outside of the top 100. Cabello, Pereira, Chirinos, Garcia, etc etc etc. The pitching is very deep throughout and the system will show their depth this season with the injuries out of the gate. I’m surprised since typically KLaw avoids anything below AA, but since teams are using more analytics and are more willing to deal for an analytics driven low minors darling over a production based upper minors player without the same measurable, it was a much needed thing. The point of these rankings is to determine which teams have the biggest cache of good players at their disposal for either deals or promotions and not including younger players makes rankings useless
    this post right here proves the insanity of Cashman not dealing any of these guys for pitching last july. i 100% believe this inaction cost the yankees a parade. he has a case of the "ben's"
    other names i have posted under: none

Maybe that’s true. Or maybe the cheating Astros had something to do with it

Dominguez’ workouts are starting to make it to YouTube and other platforms. This kid is 17, but is built like a truck. Strong as an ox, fast as an elite sprinter, can hit the ball out of any part of the park from both sides and has a cannon for an arm. If he avoids injury, this kid is poised for greatness. I don’t deal him for anyone here. His talent and potential is just too high.

Been a rough year for prospect followers. No games to track, players separated from each other. Players have been given their workout routines and instruction on what they need to do, which will hurt some guys who really needed the reps. Yanks farm was in a really good position with some lower level talent coming in. I hope the lay-off doesn’t stymie them