Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sox sign Peraza

Sox sign Peraza

Likely to be the Holt replacement as a super utility guy. 1 year $3 mil guaranteed
    Hal sucks

All-Star
    Gerrit who?

He kinda sucks. He’s basically Jonathan Herrera. Sweet!

I am surprised he got a guaranteed major league contract, to be entirely honest. His speed dipped last year, which was his only plus tool. But Bloom has a history of taking these former top prospects and getting something out of them. Jury will be out
    Hal sucks

The other thing to keep in mind here is that Peraza will be arb eligible for 2 more seasons after this one. If Bloom is right and this signing turns out good for the sox, they can keep him on arb through 2022.
    Hal sucks

Pffff freaking dumb .Scooter Gennette would be perfect this guy's no bat JBJ in infield woooooo hoooo .Bloom off to a shit start

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    Pffff freaking dumb .Scooter Gennette would be perfect this guy's no bat JBJ in infield woooooo hoooo .Bloom off to a shit start
    You are gonna hate Bloom if your goal is to win anything in the next 2 years. These are the moves he made in TB. He signed guys off the scrap heap and turned them into something. He dealt for guys who teams were ready to give up on and found a role for them. I told everyone here, Bloom's arrival at a time when the sox need to cut payroll is going to 100% make people hate him in the off-seasons then quietly love the results. Bloom is the kind of guy who could potentially shave your rebuild down to 2 yrs from the expected 3
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I am surprised he got a guaranteed major league contract, to be entirely honest. His speed dipped last year, which was his only plus tool. But Bloom has a history of taking these former top prospects and getting something out of them. Jury will be out
    Yeah, he’s worth a shot at. He’s still somehow only 25, I actually thought he was older. I’m not mad at the signing.

All-Star
    How is Paraza off the scrap heap if his lifetime MLB ave is .273??

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by fxkatt View Post
    Perhaps because this year Jose Peraza posted a negative 0.6 fWAR in 141 games?

https://www.fangraphs.com/players/jo...position=2B/SS

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    You are gonna hate Bloom if your goal is to win anything in the next 2 years. These are the moves he made in TB. He signed guys off the scrap heap and turned them into something. He dealt for guys who teams were ready to give up on and found a role for them. I told everyone here, Bloom's arrival at a time when the sox need to cut payroll is going to 100% make people hate him in the off-seasons then quietly love the results. Bloom is the kind of guy who could potentially shave your rebuild down to 2 yrs from the expected 3
    Spelled reset wrong. And it's only for one year (and maybe not for awhile after that, since the "cap" is sure to increase with the next CBA...)

Quote Originally Posted by fxkatt View Post
    His career OBP is only .313, OPS .686, he can play multiple positions, but none of them particularly well, and has a career WAR of 0.5

He’s Brock Holt’s replacement. His fWAR doesn’t matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Watched alot of his 18 season highlights .The swing is very good for Fenway and his range is really good actually .I am warming to this now .He has power in that swing he and JDM talk we may have something .Bloom gets a B .

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    He’s Brock Holt’s replacement. His fWAR doesn’t matter.
    He might even be Pedroia's replacement...