Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kluber Traded to Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    It could just be a financial move.
    Yes, they were obviously looking to cut salary, but you have to wonder about Kluber's health when you see a low return like that.
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Yes, they were obviously looking to cut salary, but you have to wonder about Kluber's health when you see a low return like that.
    He had some complications as he rehabbed from the broken arm, but I don't remember them being shoulder or elbow related.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    He could have lived in Western Mass or NH/Maine/Vermont.

I think you’re looking to deep into the location and not enough at the fact that he bought his wife a cow for their anniversary!!!.

Also worth noting, after that gift, she didn’t leave him.

That should say gallons about them as a couple and is everything you need to know about whether or not he’d have signed in Boston for that same money...

I think you’re looking to deep into the location and not enough at the fact that he bought his wife a cow for their anniversary!!!.

Also worth noting, after that gift, she didn’t leave him.

That should say gallons about them as a couple and is everything you need to know about whether or not he’d have signed in Boston for that same money...
    I think the gift tells more about his wife, so I tried to refrain from commenting.
    Sox 4 Ever

Exactly. He broke his throwing arm then had an oblique strain trying to come back from the stretch run. He is also 34 and was posting his lowest velo of his career after those first five games. To be fair, though, he didn't have the dog days of summer where a lot of pitchers gain velo as the arm breaks in and the weather is nice
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Exactly. He broke his throwing arm then had an oblique strain trying to come back from the stretch run. He is also 34 and was posting his lowest velo of his career after those first five games. To be fair, though, he didn't have the dog days of summer where a lot of pitchers gain velo as the arm breaks in and the weather is nice
    The guy was so damn good, though. (Key word: was.)

He'd fit right in between Price, Eovaldi and Sale.
    Sox 4 Ever

Deity
    I think the gift tells more about his wife, so I tried to refrain from commenting.
    I think it takes a special type of man to look at a cow and think "I wonder if my wife wants one." This is not a gamble I would take, even if I could afford it. But these are North Carolina country farmfolk flush with cash that we're talking about..

Also, apparently one reason he signed with the Diamondbacks was that he already keeps his horses in the Phoenix area and apparently loves it there. Which is why the money was less than anticipated and why it would have taken more (possibly a lot more) to get him to go to Boston...

I think it takes a special type of man to look at a cow and think "I wonder if my wife wants one." This is not a gamble I would take, even if I could afford it. But these are North Carolina country farmfolk flush with cash that we're talking about..

Also, apparently one reason he signed with the Diamondbacks was that he already keeps his horses in the Phoenix area and apparently loves it there. Which is why the money was less than anticipated and why it would have taken more (possibly a lot more) to get him to go to Boston...
    Why would a horse like to live in Phoenix? Is the stall air conditioned?
    Sox 4 Ever

Deity
    Why would a horse like to live in Phoenix? Is the stall air conditioned?
    Probably. There is an old saying in Tarheel Folklore, dating back a couple centuries - “Anyone who would buy his wife a cow for her anniversary present should also provide AC to his horses’ stables.”

The meaning is probably somewhat vague and possibly outdated, but it might apply here...

Probably. There is an old saying in Tarheel Folklore, dating back a couple centuries - “Anyone who would buy his wife a cow for her anniversary present should also provide AC to his horses’ stables.”

The meaning is probably somewhat vague and possibly outdated, but it might apply here...
    Those caves were naturally AC'd.
    Sox 4 Ever