Thread: 2018 Red Sox cheating scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    *cough cough*
    ETMSD5A2JUNLKEJHCDJYW5LI5I.jpg
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    Smokescreen set by Manfred...

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    What were the Sox doing in 2013 tho?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J59NorRA9o
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

What were the Sox doing in 2013 tho?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J59NorRA9o
    Bongs

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Bongs
    hqdefault.jpg

Deity
    Well now this is a complete cluster. How predictable since MLB is not really investigating anything but is clearly engaged in a campaign to tailor a narrative. Now Agents like Boris have gotten involved in Houston and while Crane is saying that the players are going to "apologize" during ST, Boris is saying his clients will do nothing of the sort.

The Player narrative through Agents is that the coaches ran everything. It was all the coaches with the players being pure as the driven snow. But the report says the scheme was driven by the players. Luhnow gets whacked for not providing the league memo to the players though how anybody could imagine using electronics and video to steal signs was OK with the league is beyond me.

This is only going to get worse and the worse it gets the more I wonder how that plays for the Sox. Will the Houston Report crumbling to dust work to the Sox favor or to their disadvantage. I have little doubt that MLB is simply tailoring to a narrative in Boston as well.

What a frigging mess. The best thing would be for everybody to cooperate and for the league to square this up. The chance of that is zero and ZERO!
    Last edited by jung; 01-23-2020 at 07:26 PM.

I think all Sox fans should be prepared for the worst possible report and punishments -- Cora ban, coaches implicated, lost draft picks... even if there is no evidence like youtubes of banging, we have to expect Manfred will underscore his agenda by hammering the felonious two-timing Bosox.

I would think he'd want to wrap up the whole debacle just before spring training and the new season, so baseball can revert focus to the game (and good old-fashioned sign-stealing with binoculars, telescopes and magnifying glasses). The Sox probably have some info and are waiting out the timetable before naming an internal managerial candidate who may be judged guilty by investigation.

Don't be surprised if the tireless and tieless front office goes all in for a good start to 2020 to soften some of the PR hit, and also shoots for a strong finish to ensure the lost draft picks aren't in the top 20.

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Don't be surprised if the tireless and tieless front office goes all in for a good start to 2020 to soften some of the PR hit, and also shoots for a strong finish to ensure the lost draft picks aren't in the top 20.
    Too late to go "all in" for 2020. Even if we signed the best 3 or 4 remaining FAs, we'll still look worse on paper than 2019.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

A year ago the Sox were hoping for Pedroia to start 100 games. Before long, Holt's son scratched his eyeball and Nunez forgot the take sign. Leon was cut, Travis started the second game of the season at 1B, Swihart the third game at C... Pearce didn't even play until the second week (and little after that). DD was still counting on Thornburg to be a viable relief option. They're all gone, and so is Porcello -- maybe the most important guy to replace, and he had a 5.52 ERA...

Even Bloom's no-names have to have a decent chance to at least equal their production.

Deity
    I had this problem in HS too.
    Well, that’s because with your high school girlfriend, there was already another guy on second...

(Unless you married her.)

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Add this:

2018 Yankees
    Bases empty .776
    Men on base .787 (11 points higher)

Now I really smell smoke.
    Much like with the Red Sox, this might be evidence of sign stealing. But that doesn’t make it evidence of electronic sign stealing...

No statistic can show someone is cheating using electronic means. But the three people who ratted the Sox our are all they’re gonna need. The Sox are gonna get crushed in this one

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Well, that’s because with your high school girlfriend, there was already another guy on second...

(Unless you married her.)
    I met my wife when I was 27. Feel free to joke about my love life for the first 26 years.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    No statistic can show someone is cheating using electronic means. But the three people who ratted the Sox our are all they’re gonna need. The Sox are gonna get crushed in this one
    Maybe Carlos Beltran will write a book exposing it all, like Canseco...
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Who are they? As long as these sources remain anonymous, it seems like any number of them can say any number of things. I don’t like anonymous sources as the sole form of “proof”.

Of course, they presumably have made themselves known to Manfred. If it’s still a number greater than one...