Register now to remove this ad

Page 29 of 76 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Red Sox cheating scandal

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Only in the way they’re scored.

But in reality, there are nothing but errors in tee ball...
    Hey man why are you trying to bring me down? Let me have my moment of glory.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Hey man why are you trying to bring me down? Let me have my moment of glory.

Lookl at the bright side, with all those errors in tee ball you probably “pitched” a few no-hitters...

K rate % 2018 - Home Games (#coragate)
    1st number = men in scoring position (possibly a runner on 2nd / 2nd and 3rd / bases loaded / runner on 3rd only)
    2nd number = no one on base (2nd base unoccupied).

Mookie: 7.8 / 16.7
    X-Bo: 14.0 / 20.0
    Devers: 27.9 / 19.3
    Beni: 8.8 / 12.6
    JDM: 23.3 / 23.8
    Mitchy: 22.7 / 25.9
    JBj: 24.0 / 26.8

5 players with higher k rate with no possible runner on 2b.
    1 player with lower k rate with no possible runner on 2b.
    1 player with no significant difference with no possible runner on 2b.

definitely smoke.
    other names i have posted under: none

although these numbers make me think we must have been using this advantage on the Road as well? we were road warriors in 2018. is there an electronic reason why? (#coragate)

2018 AWAY Games K %
    scoring position / no one on base

Mookie 8.2 / 14.0
    X-Bo: 11.1 / 16.2
    Devers 18.2 / 27.5
    Beni 13.3 / 25.9
    JDM: 16.3 / 26.7
    Mitchy: 16.4 / 22.9
    JBj: 22.7 / 28.0

all 7 had increase in K% with no possibility of man on 2b....

I wouldn’t use that as proof. With RISP, you typically shorten up with 2 strikes as contact can get a run home. Listen man, the only “proof” right now is an unnamed insider coming out BEFORE Cora’s role was delineated in Houston and the fact that you have a manager who was the architect of the same type of system the year prior in another org.

Also, there are some guys with literally no interest in knowing what’s coming. Some players honestly don’t want to know.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    although these numbers make me think we must have been using this advantage on the Road as well? we were road warriors in 2018. is there an electronic reason why? (#coragate)

2018 AWAY Games K %
    scoring position / no one on base

Mookie 8.2 / 14.0
    X-Bo: 11.1 / 16.2
    Devers 18.2 / 27.5
    Beni 13.3 / 25.9
    JDM: 16.3 / 26.7
    Mitchy: 16.4 / 22.9
    JBj: 22.7 / 28.0

all 7 had increase in K% with no possibility of man on 2b....
    Not proof of anything. Plenty of pitchers still pitch from the stretch with runners on...

Not proof of anything. Plenty of pitchers still pitch from the stretch with runners on...
    i referred to it as smoke not fire. not proof of anything but also not proof of nothing.

Jax and notin, two good reasons for the difference in K rates. Another option: good batters focus more on pitch selection when trying to drive guys in, and maybe guess more or swing more from the ass for a solo shot with nobody on... (Slash's names were all top or heart of the order men; Moreland was even an All-Star in '18).

The Red Sox road dominance in '18 is what really invalidates all the whining from CC, Bellinger, and the city councils in NY and LA. Unless there is some newly nefarious info about to be revealed in the Boston investigation, all we know now is that the MLB took measures to assure no video edge in the '18 postseason.

You know, the one where the Sox went 8-1 on the road and became the first away team in history to clinch three series against Cy Young winners (Sabathia, Verlander and Kershaw)...

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    i referred to it as smoke not fire. not proof of anything but also not proof of nothing.
    A comparison to MLB averages might be of interest.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    A comparison to MLB averages might be of interest.
    Cant split out H v A but....

2018 K rate Men on base
    1 Red Sox 17.1
    2 Astros 18.5
    3 Nationals 18.7
    4 Indians 19.4
    5 Twins 19.7
    6 Braves 19.7
    7 Mariners 19.8
    8 Rockies 20.5
    9 Mets 20.6
    10 Pirates 20.7
    17 Yankees 22.0

Bases Empty
    1 Indians 19.2 (-0.2)
    2 Astros 20.6 (+2.1)
    3 Mariners 20.7 (+0.9)
    4 Pirates 21.1 (+0.4)
    5 Red Sox 21.3 (+4.2)
    6 Angels 21.5 (+0.4)
    7 Braves 21.7 (+2.0)
    8 Nationals 21.7 (+3.0)
    9 Twins 21.8 (+2.1)
    10 Royals 22.0 (+0.7)
    18 Yankees 23.3 (+1.3)
    Last edited by Slasher9; 01-20-2020 at 02:10 PM.

This maybe a naive question, but what would happen if one of the high roller fans behind Home Plate picked up the catchers signed from the monitor in front of those seats and started yelling out the pitches?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    This maybe a naive question, but what would happen if one of the high roller fans behind Home Plate picked up the catchers signed from the monitor in front of those seats and started yelling out the pitches?
    It's not a naive question. I believe the game feed is on delay. But any 'fans' could set up someone in center field with binoculars and transmit signs to a buddy behind home plate. (Hell, the Giants essentially did this for the famous Bobby Thompson HR!) MLB has reacted as during the steroid era. They knew perfectly well what was going on and did nothing about it. Then, when they could no longer keep their head in the sand, began all this idiotic moral posturing, knowing perfectly well that the homer fans in all other 30 teams would share in the contrived 'outrage'. The casualties? two or three of the most prominent and respected figures in the sport.

The fans would likely be removed from the grounds, or in Fenway or Houston, be hired onto their staff

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    It's not a naive question. I believe the game feed is on delay. But any 'fans' could set up someone in center field with binoculars and transmit signs to a buddy behind home plate. (Hell, the Giants essentially did this for the famous Bobby Thompson HR!) MLB has reacted as during the steroid era. They knew perfectly well what was going on and did nothing about it. Then, when they could no longer keep their head in the sand, began all this idiotic moral posturing, knowing perfectly well that the homer fans in all other 30 teams would share in the contrived 'outrage'. The casualties? two or three of the most prominent and respected figures in the sport.
    There was a rumor in Toronto a few years back about a “man in white” relaying signals to the Blue Jay hitters from the CF bleachers. Nothing ever came of it and no former Jay ever went public...

There was a rumor in Toronto a few years back about a “man in white” relaying signals to the Blue Jay hitters from the CF bleachers. Nothing ever came of it and no former Jay ever went public...
    this just reminded me. whatever happended to the blond bombshell with yuuuuuuge boobs that would sit behind homeplate in Toronto? very distracting for the viewer!