Register now to remove this ad

Page 28 of 76 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Red Sox cheating scandal

Quote Originally Posted by Tedballgame View Post
    J.D. Martinez is adamant the Red Sox will be cleared of any wrong doing for 2018 season. If that turns out to be true, a lot of people on this board will be eating a lot of crow.
    Nah. They’ll just find something else to whine about.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedballgame View Post
    J.D. Martinez is adamant the Red Sox will be cleared of any wrong doing for 2018 season. If that turns out to be true, a lot of people on this board will be eating a lot of crow.
    Four days ago one poster raised the possibility that the 2018 Red Sox would be cleared of any wrongdoing:

https://www.talksox.com/forum/thread...94#post1301494

... only to be accused of being in denial.

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    Four days ago one poster raised the possibility that the 2018 Red Sox would be cleared of any wrongdoing:

https://www.talksox.com/forum/thread...94#post1301494

... only to be accused of being in denial.
    While I will be thrilled if JD is proven correct, I know it ain't over until the fat lady sings. And JD Martinez ain't any fat lady and he certainly is not an unbiased observer in this whole affair.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Elktonnick View Post
    While I will be thrilled if JD is proven correct, I know it ain't over until the fat lady sings. And JD Martinez ain't any fat lady and he certainly is not an unbiased observer in this whole affair.
    I don't trust the league or the owners as far as I can throw them at this point and I have little confidence that we will get a definitive answer to 2018 regardless of what the eventual report does, vindicates or not. By the same token, nobody is going to be stripping anybody of Championships IMO. Not going to happen here and not going to happen in Houston. However, if anybody wants these Championships to mean anything ever again, they better get this shit sorted out between the PA, the Owners and the League.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I was a pitcher and a 1b. If I knew a batter was cheating I’d hit him square in the head. I haven’t played competitively beyond old man baseball leagues in almost 20 years, but head shots were entirely within the arsenal. I head hunted before and if a team was cheating, I’d have done it again. I’d call my catcher out, have him put down a 2 and then throw as hard as I could up and in. He’d be leaning out over the plate (if he was a RHH) expecting the ball to break away and I’d surprise him.

I was hit in the head during a game and the next time I pitched to the pitcher who hit me, I went up and in, curve away, up and in, curve away and struck him out. But only because I put the fear of god in him. They allowed a lot more back then. Now, if a kid even threatens a snowflake with a HBP, you’d get criminal charges!
    this post right here proves how much of an asshole you really are.
    thanks.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    this post right here proves how much of an asshole you really are.
    thanks.
    Different times man. Would I hit someone in the head now? No way. But when I was 18 and baseball was everything, that was absolutely in the arsenal. I’m not gonna lie here, no need to. I’m nearly 20 years retired from collegiate baseball and still play/pitch in an old mans league. When I hit someone now, I apologize
    Last edited by jacksonianmarch; 01-20-2020 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Different times man. Would I hit someone in the head now? No way. But when I was 18 and baseball was everything, that was absolutely in the arsenal. I’m not gonna lie here, no need to. I’m nearly 20 years retired from collegiate baseball and still play/pitch in an old mans league. When I hit someone now, I apologize
    Did you happen to help John Grisham write "Calico Joe"? That's exactly how a character in the book set up hitters. He'd throw him two outside, then get him looking and leaning over the plate, and then throw one high and inside knowing that the hitter couldn't get out of the way.
    It was portrayed in the book as being possibly the dirtiest thing a player can do in baseball and that hasn't changed.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    Did you happen to help John Grisham write "Calico Joe"? That's exactly how a character in the book set up hitters. He'd throw him two outside, then get him looking and leaning over the plate, and then throw one high and inside knowing that the hitter couldn't get out of the way.
    It was portrayed in the book as being possibly the dirtiest thing a player can do in baseball and that hasn't changed.
    I wasn't much of a pitcher, but my approach was the opposite -- the first pitch was up and in at chest level followed by something over the outside half of the plate.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    I wasn't much of a pitcher, but my approach was the opposite -- the first pitch was up and in at chest level followed by something over the outside half of the plate.
    thats pitching.
    intentionally trying to hit someone in the head with a FB is psychotic...
    other names i have posted under: none

If I was gonna hit someone, I didn’t wait. I hit them first pitch. You had more leeway then. And guys, I’m talking about having thrown Head hunted intentionally maybe twice or three times in my life. It was in the arsenal, but the nuclear option. If I was gonna send a message, it was FB at the butt. The last time I went At the head was in college after our star hitter got ear holed first pitch after hitting a homer his prior AB. It was vs a team from the south that was notorious for it. So I returned the favor

But if there was someone cheating off my signs, I’d have had the catcher throw a 2 and go up and in with the heat. Never had to deal with it, but that would have been my 18 yr old mindset

Now, if I was gonna toy with someone, I’d throw breaking ball away, fastball up and in, breaking ball away, etc. the goal was to put the fear of god in then, but to actually strike them out

One time in tee ball I hit an infield home run

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post

Aka a groundball to shortstop with 3 throwing errors...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Aka a groundball to shortstop with 3 throwing errors...
    There were no errors in tee ball

Haha...my baseball exploits are like that too.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    There were no errors in tee ball

Only in the way they’re scored.

But in reality, there are nothing but errors in tee ball...