Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Erod and JBJ packaged up and let’s move on .

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    This is very true .Erod has shown balls of Steele in adverse situations he tends to lock in and focus as the game progresses.Erod is a hell of a player and any team needing a top end of the rotation stud will pony up for such a player who went through the meat Grind of the ALEast and shined .
    The trade simulator does not accept ERod & JBJ f(30.0 value combined) for May (55.4). We'd have to add Chavis and Walden to come close.

I think the site undervalues 2 years of ERod.

That package, according to the site, might get us ...

C Ruiz (34.3)
    or
    SP Urias (29.1)
    or
    2B Downs (20.6) + C Cartaya (12.3)
    or
    SP Gonsolin or Stripling 18.9 + C Cartaya (12.3)
    or
    SP Gray (17.2) + C Cartaya (12.3)
    or
    Gonsolin (18.9) + Maeda (12.2)

I don't think I like any.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Well said and thought out .I agree 100 percent with this post but also see great value at this time for this player .
    Trading a guy after his best year makes sense, in theory. Sell high.

I guess one has to think ERod topped out in 2019 to like the trade idea, unless the 2 years of control sways your thinking towards a longer controlled pitcher on a longer term rebuild plan.

Deity
    If the Sox had any glaring needs beyond SP, dealing ERod makes sense. But if they’re basically keeping Betts, Bradley, Benintendi, Devers,Bogaerts, Vazquez and Chavis, all trading ERod does is create a void in the rotation. The Sox seem to be collecting 2b candidates and aren’t likely to deal ERod there. And dealing ERod for a pitcher better than ERod isn’t the easiest proposition.

So what does trading him accomplish?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    The trade simulator does not accept ERod & JBJ f(30.0 value combined) for May (55.4). We'd have to add Chavis and Walden to come close.

C Ruiz (34.3)
    or
    SP Urias (29.1)
    or
    or
    or
    or

Moon not to shift gears but I’ve been thinking about Starling Marte at Fenway .I know Ben Maybe Leary of trading his best player to Boston ? His salary just jumped to 11 million from three in 18 so it may be a non starter anyway and he’s been banged up over parts of his career .Would the Pirates eat say 3 million for a deal with Boston ? Shit why would we do it lol .I just think the player could use a change of scenery and excel here .He would be significantly better offensively.The player is not ancient he’s 30 and should have another 3 to 5 good years in him
    Last edited by Swiharts Ghost; 01-12-2020 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    If the Sox had any glaring needs beyond SP, dealing ERod makes sense. But if they’re basically keeping Betts, Bradley, Benintendi, Devers,Bogaerts, Vazquez and Chavis, all trading ERod does is create a void in the rotation. The Sox seem to be collecting 2b candidates and aren’t likely to deal ERod there. And dealing ERod for a pitcher better than ERod isn’t the easiest proposition.

So what does trading him accomplish?
    I guess the theory would be to trade ERod for a pitcher not as good as him but with more years of control.

This lessens our team value for 2020 and 2021 but may improve it for 2022 and beyond- depending on the numbers of years of control.

It's not an outlandish idea, but I'm hopeful we can win in 2021.

C Ruiz (34.3)
    or
    SP Urias (29.1)
    or
    or
    or
    or

These are Erods prime years that calculator is worthless Moon in that you and I and John Henry understand the peak of ones career is mst valuable .The Dodgers specifically need Erod and I’d if garners a championship they could give two purple shits what they gave up .

Moon not to shift gears but I’ve been thinking about Starling Marte at Fenway .I know Ben Maybe Leary of trading his best player to Boston ? His salary just jumped to 11 million from three in 18 so it may be a non starter anyway and he’s been banged up over parts of his career .Would the Pirates eat say 3 million for a deal with Boston ? Shit why would we do it lol .I just think the player could use a change of scenery and excel here .He would be significantly better offensively.The player is not ancient he’s 30 and should have another 3 to 5 good years in him
    I like the guy, but we need to cut salary and Pitt is not looking to add salary by taking a larger salary back.

I guess the theory would be to trade ERod for a pitcher not as good as him but with more years of control.

This lessens our team value for 2020 and 2021 but may improve it for 2022 and beyond- depending on the numbers of years of control.

It's not an outlandish idea, but I'm hopeful we can win in 2021.

I agree about 21 It can be a special year for this team .

I like the guy, but we need to cut salary and Pitt is not looking to add salary by taking a larger salary back.
    Yeah your right guess I always thought he could be amazing here .

Yeah your right guess I always thought he could be amazing here .
    This whole budget situation has kept us from jumping on some seemingly cheap deals for big named players.

We need to get Bloom some room to move by dumping some large salaries.

This whole budget situation has kept us from jumping on some seemingly cheap deals for big named players.

We need to get Bloom some room to move by dumping some large salaries.
    It’s heartbreaking really .Looked into what the Bucks would want and it’s a top rated catcher or catching Prospect .Vaz would be the ask or hope they could be swayed another route .I have been thinking about Johns statement and it’s kinda promising really but Man are we pushing the fans and other teams patience right now .less than a month left for spring training and my heart is losing faith in the direction to date .Moon I think we are a closer and a healthy rotation and a CF power hitter away from a World Series title in 20 .I can see a big bounce back with the rotation I can even see a plug and play CF pick up but WTF are we doing about a closer and this plug and play CF ....? im discouraged big time hence giving up on Erod and that sucks unless by some miracle he provided both ? Lol highly doubtful but I’m realllllly trying .
    Last edited by Swiharts Ghost; 01-12-2020 at 02:58 PM.

Kirby Yates and Meyers for Price and filler ?

Deity
    Kirby Yates and Meyers for Price and filler ?
    Simulator says the closest filler piece is Darwinzon Hernandez, which is a deal I don’t make.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Simulator says the closest filler piece is Darwinzon Hernandez, which is a deal I don’t make.
    Actually, Duran adds a closer value but plays the wrong position for SD.

I'd give Price and Chavez for Yates & Myers in a heartbeat. (I'd even give some cash, too.)

I'd jump for joy over this accepted deal (minor overpay by BOS):

Price, JBJ, Chavis & $6M

for

Myers, Yates & Margot

Actually, Duran adds a closer value but plays the wrong position for SD.

I'd give Price and Chavez for Yates & Myers in a heartbeat. (I'd even give some cash, too.)

I'd jump for joy over this accepted deal (minor overpay by BOS):

Price, JBJ, Chavis & $6M

for

Myers, Yates & Margot
    Ok I’m on board 100 percent and it actually makes a lot of sense for the Padres in my opinion bi
    Oath these teams benefit please send this round lol Moon we have something here .Send to spear asap .I would be excited for both teams .
    Last edited by Swiharts Ghost; 01-12-2020 at 04:20 PM.