Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cora fired

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    I would have been shocked if he didn’t get fired.
    I guess saying I was shocked was a poor choice of words, but I feel like i'm in a state of shock- numb. Dead to emotions.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie Sadler was short View Post
    Ironic that he was so self righteous when he declined to visit the White House...just months after he knew he was a cheating WS manager.
    In fairness, wasn't he still pissed off about Puerto Rico?
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I guess saying I was shocked was a poor choice of words, but I feel like i'm in a state of shock- numb. Dead to emotions.
    I hear ya. Even though I knew it was coming, it's a tough pill to swallow.

Even though ALL TEAMS are starting to use ANY advantage, & many teams are currently doing the same, the league has to do something.

I personally feel that it is unjust, BECAUSE so many other teams doing this will skate. That's just bullshit!
    I think it would have been better to have a South African style "Truth and Reconciliation," where ALL PLAYERS on EVERY TEAM, many who have moved on but knew god damned well what was going on, were told, "let's get it ALL OUT, or else!
    RedSoxDirtdog 19

I know they gave Astros players immunity, but what about those who participated & are now gone? What about their culpability? Those hitters are not punished?
    RedSoxDirtdog 19

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    The way it was quoted is they mutually agreed to part company. They didn't fire him but gave him the opportunity to part company.
    I love the "mutually agreed" part. Henry and the rest of front office people all "mutually agreed" that it was time to get rid of Cora

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    I know they gave Astros players immunity, but what about those who participated & are now gone? What about their culpability? Those hitters are not punished?
    Well, no. That's what "immunity" means...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Well, no. That's what "immunity" means...
    No. What I'm asking is, were ALL players involved, even those who had moved on, interviewed and requested to cooperate with the same immunity?
    In other words, how far reaching was the investigation?

LOL :0, I kinda get what immunity means.

:0 Baha
    RedSoxDirtdog 19

Legend

Even though ALL TEAMS are starting to use ANY advantage, & many teams are currently doing the same, the league has to do something.

I personally feel that it is unjust, BECAUSE so many other teams doing this will skate. That's just bullshit!
    I think it would have been better to have a South African style "Truth and Reconciliation," where ALL PLAYERS on EVERY TEAM, many who have moved on but knew god damned well what was going on, were told, "let's get it ALL OUT, or else!
    Perhaps many, or most, teams put an immediate stop to any attempt to steal signs in violation of the announced rules.

Or not.

Deity

Yes. Get rid of hand signals. The only people who really need to use hand sign are umpires, so fans, TV audiences and (most importantly) scoreboard opertators know what the calls are.

But the whole "1 fiber fastball, 2 fingers curve" bullshit is outdated and can go. Earpieces are fine. And probably better, even for pitchers who don't speak English...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Yes. Get rid of hand signals. The only people who really need to use hand sign are umpires, so fans, TV audiences and (most importantly) scoreboard opertators know what the calls are.

But the whole "1 fiber fastball, 2 fingers curve" bullshit is outdated and can go. Earpieces are fine. And probably better, even for pitchers who don't speak English...
    Exactly! A freakin electronic buzzer?
    Head phones.
    Morse Code.
    Texting
    Cap signals
    Smoke rings?

Anything !!! Headphones or an earpiece for the catcher would speed up the game, & eliminate this needless bullshit.

& please! Let's not fall into this, "nobody else is doing this horseshit!"
    RedSoxDirtdog 19

Exactly! A freakin electronic buzzer?
    Head phones.
    Morse Code.
    Texting
    Cap signals
    Smoke rings?

Anything !!! Headphones or an earpiece for the catcher would speed up the game, & eliminate this needless bullshit.

& please! Let's not fall into this, "nobody else is doing this horseshit!"
    If you ain’t cheating. You ain’t trying

Right!!!

Am I right!!!!! Anywho.

Somehow it just seems wrong to punish Cora for this nonsense,

Cora departs with some honor. I was rough on him but the mutually agreed formula gives some dignity to all concerned. It may have saved him from being banned long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie Sadler was short View Post
    Ironic that he was so self righteous when he declined to visit the White House...just months after he knew he was a cheating WS manager.
    That is why I called him a self righteous hypocrite. I am glad he is gone. Considering the potential sanctions which may be coming down and the long term damage such sanctions may cause to the Red Sox Cora now goes down as the most destructive manager in Red Sox history.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Somehow it just seems wrong to punish Cora for this nonsense,
    You can't be serious.