Register now to remove this ad

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Pay Mookie!

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I hope Price and Mookie both do well in LA. They helped this team win a World Series and I see no reason to hate them. Best of luck to them, especially if they play Yankees in WS
    100% agree. That said, I would prefer that the Dodgers not win a World Series next year, unless it comes down to them or the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Not until October.
    !!!

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I don’t know what to make of that story. I don’t get why only papers like the Lowell Sun are carrying it, assuming another one is. Google isn’t much help.

But I’m rarely one to assume anyone is guilty of anything with very little evidence...
    This an editorial by the Lowell Sun so it represents the opinion of the editor. It mentions that Boston sports radio has discussed it as well. While the Sun may not the circulation of the Globe, Boston sports radio does. This could get interesting if the story gets any traction especially if any other behavioral or judgment issues arise.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    You mean me? Or articles like this?

https://www.lowellsun.com/2020/02/09...jersey-street/

And you know what? There are even people (those 'one guys'!) who would tarnish Kobe's legacy by pointing out that he admitted, in writing, to raping a woman in Denver.

So I don't get it. In my view, you and other apologists should either state outright that you do not believe these reports (that's fine, but you haven't done that yet); or simply state outright that rape isn't a problem for you, and you're fine associating with such people or cheering them on. I mean, who among us hasn't invited a 17-year-old runaway to our hotel, got her drunk, then filmed our buddies having sex 'with' her once she's passed out?

By the way, I don't give a crap about V's "image." I DO give a crap that he was involved in this.
    That's, uh...not what the story you linked says.

As I understand it, Verdugo filmed the two drunk girls beating up the other drunk girl...obviously not good.

But I have yet to find anything saying he was present during or in any way involved in the sexual assault. The way the media has reported this story has caused a lot of confusion, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    100% agree. That said, I would prefer that the Dodgers not win a World Series next year, unless it comes down to them or the Yankees.
    I'm not rooting for them to win World Series or anything, I only care about two teams winning. 1. Red Sox. 2. Not Yankees. Dodgers winning wouldn't bother me though. I like A lot of their players.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flap View Post
    That's, uh...not what the story you linked says.

As I understand it, Verdugo filmed the two drunk girls beating up the other drunk girl...obviously not good.

But I have yet to find anything saying he was present during or in any way involved in the sexual assault. The way the media has reported this story has caused a lot of confusion, though.
    Even then, you might need to drop an “allegedly” or two in there. What that story says “Person A says Verdugo filmed it, but Verdugo claims to have been passed out.”...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Even then, you might need to drop an “allegedly” or two in there. What that story says “Person A says Verdugo filmed it, but Verdugo claims to have been passed out.”...
    Regardless of what exactly happened, I think we can all agree it was a dumb decision and situation to put himself in, and hopefully he's matured since then.

Regardless of what exactly happened, I think we can all agree it was a dumb decision and situation to put himself in, and hopefully he's matured since then.
    I think you and I have different views of what constitutes (or can be excused as being) a "dumb decision"! I'm sure we both made plenty of those. I'm also pretty sure neither of us was ever in a room, drunk or passed out, where an underage kid was being beaten up then later sexually assaulted by our buddies. Another remarkable and jaw-dropping detail in this story is the way Dodger "fixers" determined that the way to handle it was to invite the girl to dinner with the players involved.

Deity
    No argument. But the rapist label might be a bit premature...

All-Star
    Fuck Mookie!

Quote Originally Posted by bosoxmal View Post
    Fuck Mookie!
    Mookie "Moneybags" Betts
    The Bills, The Bruins, The Sabres & The Red Sox.

Quote Originally Posted by bosoxmal View Post
    Fuck Mookie!
    Gross
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")