Register now to remove this ad

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Tom Brady and FA

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    The consensus seems to be that Brady was disappointed in the offer he got from Belichick, which was for one year at a reduced salary. And Kraft let Belichick handle it and washed his hands of it.
    Thank you for clarifying. I did not realize that Belichick was the one making offers.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    No. The cranky Nevadan is taking opportunities to insult Belicheck
    Brady, Belichick, and the Pats are far from being beloved by those who are not Pats fans.

I will be interested to see what kind of praise Brady might get now that he's playing for a different team. Will football fans be able to embrace him as a great QB now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Brady, Belichick, and the Pats are far from being beloved by those who are not Pats fans.

I will be interested to see what kind of praise Brady might get now that he's playing for a different team. Will football fans be able to embrace him as a great QB now?
    Football fans are not much different from baseball fans.

If you're a hard-core Patriot hater, or Yankee hater, you will do everything in your power to discredit their success.

But there are plenty of football fans who don't like the Patriots but won't argue about how great Brady is.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Football fans are not much different from baseball fans.

If you're a hard-core Patriot hater, or Yankee hater, you will do everything in your power to discredit their success.

But there are plenty of football fans who don't like the Patriots but won't argue about how great Brady is.
    I get that.

I am just remembering how Yankees fans would criticize, criticize, criticize a Red Sox player, then as soon as that player signed with another team, he would suddenly become the greatest player ever! It's funny how our perceptions change, mine included.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post

Oh he is the GOAT and the most likely first ballot HOF'er ever in any sport ever once he become eligible.

But, that said, time to root against him.

Oh he is the GOAT and the most likely first ballot HOF'er ever in any sport ever once he become eligible.

But, that said, time to root against him.
    I bear no ill will towards him, but that said, with what little football I do watch, I'm a Pats fan. So I'll be rooting for whoever the new QB is.

I will not be rooting against him either. I was a Pats fan until I was 10, then I switched to the Jets after Spygate, and when they got Sanchez, and then hated the Pats for the next 10 years. During the 2018 season, I started to come back to the Pats a little, and then cemented it by going to Opening Night against the Steelers this past season. I still claim to be a Pats and Jets fan, but nonetheless, in the 10 years I hated the Pats, I never hated Brady. Same kinda thing as Derek Jeter, and now Aaron Judge (and Mookie too). Love the player, hate the team they play for. I'm lucky to have grown up when this man was in his prime, so I'm going to soak in the rest of his career.

Also, the NFC South now has:
    - Tom Brady, Mike Evans (TB)
    - Drew Brees, Michael Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, Alvin Kamara (NO)
    - Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, Todd Gurley, Calvin Ridley (ATL)
    - Teddy Bridgewater, Christian McCaffrey (CAR)

What a fun division to watch, and we haven't even hit the draft yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I will not be rooting against him either. I was a Pats fan until I was 10, then I switched to the Jets after Spygate, and when they got Sanchez, and then hated the Pats for the next 10 years. During the 2018 season, I started to come back to the Pats a little, and then cemented it by going to Opening Night against the Steelers this past season. I still claim to be a Pats and Jets fan, but nonetheless, in the 10 years I hated the Pats, I never hated Brady. Same kinda thing as Derek Jeter, and now Aaron Judge (and Mookie too). Love the player, hate the team they play for. I'm lucky to have grown up when this man was in his prime, so I'm going to soak in the rest of his career.

What’s fun is that 34yo Matt Ryan is second youngest starting QB in that division. He’s actually closer in age to the youngest than he is to the oldest...

Deity

No Curtis Godwin?

What’s fun is that 34yo Matt Ryan is second youngest starting QB in that division. He’s actually closer in age to the youngest than he is to the oldest...
    Also the second worst starting QB in that division, worst if you consider playoff numbers... *28-3*
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    “I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.”

Brady/Bucs press conference at noon.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Also the second worst starting QB in that division, worst if you consider playoff numbers... *28-3*
    Atlanta's defense lost that game more than Ryan, I would say.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.