Register now to remove this ad

Page 125 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2043

Thread: Mookie Betts and David Price have been traded to Dodgers

  1. #1861
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    33,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    why you gotta mess with Joe Kelly Fight Club???
    Happy to have him here, glad to see him leave. His regular season numbers from 2019 were worse than his 2018 numbers which most of us weren't happy with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Remy View Post
    Now Im not sure why it was necessary, but watch ... I cant circle because I dont have my telestrator but HERE COMES THE PIZZA, see?

  2. #1862
    Super Moderator Jasonbay44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    16,616
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Can't forget Pomeranz! Was he even on the postseason roster?

    Kelly's production can be replicated by any AAAA reliever.
    I know Pomeranz was on roster because my dad texted me during one of the games Why the fuck is that dumb fuck warming up. He wasnt a Pom fan

  3. #1863
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    33,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I know Pomeranz was on roster because my dad texted me during one of the games “Why the fuck is that dumb fuck warming up”. He wasn’t a Pom fan
    Hell yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Remy View Post
    Now Im not sure why it was necessary, but watch ... I cant circle because I dont have my telestrator but HERE COMES THE PIZZA, see?

  4. #1864
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    31,780
    Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    Nice phrase. You (and Kimmie) have chanced my thinking on this. It reminds me of what the great philosopher Jagger said, "You can't always get what you want, but sometimes.... you get what you need.'

    We'd all like to see Mookie around for his entire career, but at what price? Do you want to see him here forever if it means we never win a WSC again because JH can't/won't spend enough additional money to put quality players around him?

    We may not like this but it may be what we need.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Can't forget Pomeranz! Was he even on the postseason roster?

    Kelly's production can be replicated by any AAAA reliever.
    Funny how you downplayed Kimbrel's role in the 2018 ring season due to his playoff woes, yet Kelly did great in the playoffs, and he's AAAA replaceable.

    Can you stick to one criteria?

    Sox 4 Ever

  5. #1865
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    33,374
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Funny how you downplayed Kimbrel's role in the 2018 ring season due to his playoff woes, yet Kelly did great in the playoffs, and he's AAAA replaceable.

    Can you stick to one criteria?

    Why should I? Nobody else around here does.

    Weird that I have to be held to a different standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Remy View Post
    Now Im not sure why it was necessary, but watch ... I cant circle because I dont have my telestrator but HERE COMES THE PIZZA, see?

  6. #1866
    Deity
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    20,042
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Funny how you downplayed Kimbrel's role in the 2018 ring season due to his playoff woes, yet Kelly did great in the playoffs, and he's AAAA replaceable.

    Can you stick to one criteria?

    I suspect Kelly's 2018 post season performance was the one off of one offs. He always had velo but no real movement on his FB. He was throwing FB's with velo and late break and his breaking stuff was the best I have seen it. Don't know what he did. However if somebody told me there was something fishy going on there, I would be inclined to believe it.

  7. #1867
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    31,780
    Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    Nice phrase. You (and Kimmie) have chanced my thinking on this. It reminds me of what the great philosopher Jagger said, "You can't always get what you want, but sometimes.... you get what you need.'

    We'd all like to see Mookie around for his entire career, but at what price? Do you want to see him here forever if it means we never win a WSC again because JH can't/won't spend enough additional money to put quality players around him?

    We may not like this but it may be what we need.
    Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    I suspect Kelly's 2018 post season performance was the one off of one offs. He always had velo but no real movement on his FB. He was throwing FB's with velo and late break and his breaking stuff was the best I have seen it. Don't know what he did. However if somebody told me there was something fishy going on there, I would be inclined to believe it.
    He was great and bad for stretches all 2018 and even other years.

    Kimbrel helped get us to the playoffs.

    Nunez, Kinsler and others helped, too.
    Sox 4 Ever

  8. #1868
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    33,374
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    He was great and bad for stretches all 2018 and even other years.

    Kimbrel helped get us to the playoffs.

    Nunez, Kinsler and others helped, too.
    If it wasn't for Kinsler, they sweep the WS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Remy View Post
    Now Im not sure why it was necessary, but watch ... I cant circle because I dont have my telestrator but HERE COMES THE PIZZA, see?

  9. #1869
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    31,780
    Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    Nice phrase. You (and Kimmie) have chanced my thinking on this. It reminds me of what the great philosopher Jagger said, "You can't always get what you want, but sometimes.... you get what you need.'

    We'd all like to see Mookie around for his entire career, but at what price? Do you want to see him here forever if it means we never win a WSC again because JH can't/won't spend enough additional money to put quality players around him?

    We may not like this but it may be what we need.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    He was great and bad for stretches all 2018 and even other years.

    Kimbrel helped get us to the playoffs.

    Nunez, Kinsler and others helped, too.
    We lost about 1/6th of our PAs from 2018, even though many were not all that great in 2018, it's enough to say 2019 was not the same team.

    We lost about a tenth of our IP from 2018, but a much higher percent of high leverage/ late and close IP'd. That's enough to say it wasn't the same team in 2019.
    Sox 4 Ever

  10. #1870
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    31,780
    Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    Nice phrase. You (and Kimmie) have chanced my thinking on this. It reminds me of what the great philosopher Jagger said, "You can't always get what you want, but sometimes.... you get what you need.'

    We'd all like to see Mookie around for his entire career, but at what price? Do you want to see him here forever if it means we never win a WSC again because JH can't/won't spend enough additional money to put quality players around him?

    We may not like this but it may be what we need.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    If it wasn't for Kinsler, they sweep the WS.
    If it wasn't for Kelly...
    Sox 4 Ever

  11. #1871
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    33,374
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    If it wasn't for Kelly...
    They win 110 games in the regular season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Remy View Post
    Now Im not sure why it was necessary, but watch ... I cant circle because I dont have my telestrator but HERE COMES THE PIZZA, see?

  12. #1872
    Deity
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    20,042
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    He was great and bad for stretches all 2018 and even other years.

    Kimbrel helped get us to the playoffs.

    Nunez, Kinsler and others helped, too.
    Even Kelly's hot stretches did not match what he did in the 2018 post season. The combination of velo and movement he showed in that post season is something I had not seen before that post season nor since.

  13. #1873
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    31,780
    Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    Nice phrase. You (and Kimmie) have chanced my thinking on this. It reminds me of what the great philosopher Jagger said, "You can't always get what you want, but sometimes.... you get what you need.'

    We'd all like to see Mookie around for his entire career, but at what price? Do you want to see him here forever if it means we never win a WSC again because JH can't/won't spend enough additional money to put quality players around him?

    We may not like this but it may be what we need.
    Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    Even Kelly's hot stretches did not match what he did in the 2018 post season. The combination of velo and movement he showed in that post season is something I had not seen before that post season nor since.
    He had one great stretch early in 2018:

    From game 2 to his 25th game (Apr 1 to May 29):

    0.35 ERA
    .327 OPS against
    25.2 IP
    10 H
    27 K
    6 BB
    (1 out of 6 IR scored)


    Sox 4 Ever

  14. #1874
    Deity
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    20,042
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    He had one great stretch early in 2018:

    From game 2 to his 25th game (Apr 1 to May 29):

    0.35 ERA
    .327 OPS against
    25.2 IP
    10 H
    27 K
    6 BB
    (1 out of 6 IR scored)


    i saw that stretch. His throwing did not match what he did in the playoffs. I like stats if I can't see the player play. If I can see the player play, that is what I trust.

  15. #1875
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    31,780
    Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    Nice phrase. You (and Kimmie) have chanced my thinking on this. It reminds me of what the great philosopher Jagger said, "You can't always get what you want, but sometimes.... you get what you need.'

    We'd all like to see Mookie around for his entire career, but at what price? Do you want to see him here forever if it means we never win a WSC again because JH can't/won't spend enough additional money to put quality players around him?

    We may not like this but it may be what we need.
    Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    i saw that stretch. His throwing did not match what he did in the playoffs. I like stats if I can't see the player play. If I can see the player play, that is what I trust.
    I remember that stretch very well. He looked awesome. He looked maybe a little better in the playoffs, but it might have been because it mattered more.

    I'm glad he regained his stuff. There was a big debate about him not even making the playoff roster based on how crappy he did after May 29th.

    54 IP
    51 H
    28 BB
    57 K
    Sox 4 Ever

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •