Register now to remove this ad

Page 149 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150 LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 2236

Thread: Mookie Betts and David Price have been traded to Dodgers

Quote Originally Posted by Larry33 View Post
    That's nothing but a line of BS that was even rebutted by Mookie himself to the media and sportswriters that claims of him not liking Boston were untrue and unfounded. Heck even Sam Kennedy the president of the Red Sox said those rumors were also untrue and that he was disappointed that Mookie sign a long term extension with the Dodger. He went on to say that they tried to sign Mookie to an extension but both side couldn't come together that's part of business. Now with those comments from Kennedy that would lead someone to believe that the Red Sox were still holding hope at having another crack of signing Mookie Betts in FA.

The Red Sox made their decision on Betts pretty much right after the 2018 World Series. They never really attempted to engage Betts in contract extension talks. Kennedy repeatedly tried to soften the blow of losing Betts, saying last September that it would be “difficult” for the team to retain both J.D. Martinez and Betts.

It would be one thing to have made a serious effort to keep Betts in Boston, only to see him turn the Red Sox down and force the club’s hand in trading him. But the ball was always in Boston’s court. The Dodgers paid to retain elite talent; the Red Sox chose not to.
    Heres some proof that what I said was not even remotely bullshit....

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/red...nd-not-red-sox

I still dont understand why Boston didnt pay them.....Avoiding a luxory tax this year but the payroll will be a lot lower next year....Bite the bullet this year...Other salaries fall off next year

I also would have liked to see Boston extend Kelly when they had the chance....but thats done and over with as well

Now theyre paying for it dearly with no pitchers available....Coulda definitely used Price this year

Quote Originally Posted by Dalas21000 View Post
    Now theyre paying for it dearly with no pitchers available....Coulda definitely used Price this year
    Price opted out of the season because of COVID-19 concerns, so he wouldn't have been much use.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Price opted out of the season because of COVID-19 concerns, so he wouldn't have been much use.
    O alright

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Isnt there another pitcher they can pickup then? They shoulda definitely but the bullet and paid Mookie though I think....their payroll will be $80 million less next year....and lower the next

Quote Originally Posted by Dalas21000 View Post
    Isnt there another pitcher they can pickup then? They shoulda definitely but the bullet and paid Mookie though I think....their payroll will be $80 million less next year....and lower the next
    Bit*

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/why-did...141400795.html

Michael Holley on why Betts didn’t sign w boston

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/why-did...141400795.html

Michael Holley on why Betts didn’t sign w boston
    I do find it credible that Mookie didn't want to stay in Boston long-term.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

All-Star
    I owe Bellhorn04 $100 (virtual), which I will pay off with two tix to a Seadogs game in 2021.

The story of the Red Sox disrespecting Mookie in arbitration hearings should disturb all their fans, even those who think Betts isn't worth his contract. Word like that gets around, gives an organization a bad name, and could cause others to leave, and even make prospective recruits think twice about joining.

Of course some will insist it's all about the money, but if you knew you were going to be rich beyond your wildest dreams no matter where you lived, there's a good chance other factors may matter, too.

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    The story of the Red Sox disrespecting Mookie in arbitration hearings should disturb all their fans, even those who think Betts isn't worth his contract. Word like that gets around, gives an organization a bad name, and could cause others to leave, and even make prospective recruits think twice about joining.

Of course some will insist it's all about the money, but if you knew you were going to be rich beyond your wildest dreams no matter where you lived, there's a good chance other factors may matter, too.
    Let’s just call it like it is .Boston smothers athletes the media the fans it’s debilitating for some guys .The Dodgers And LA have tons of distractions with Hollywood etc the media are very kind to players especially star players .Mookie made his decision along time ago .I look at Mookie like a lot of athletes now they choose the easiest path of least resistance.Mookie Betts is gone and I don’t give a shit about him now honestly .I hope his career turns to shit. Yup I do not like this player why would I after 2018 ?mookie chose the LA Dodgers over my team he can eat a mountain of cow shit
    Last edited by Swiharts Ghost; 08-01-2020 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    Let’s just call it like it is .Boston smothers athletes the media the fans it’s debilitating for some guys .The Dodgers And LA have tons of distractions with Hollywood etc the media are very kind to players especially star players .Mookie made his decision along time ago .I look at Mookie like a lot of athletes now they choose the easiest path of least resistance.Mookie Betts is gone and I don’t give a shit about him now honestly .I hope his career turns to shit. Yup I do not like this player why would I after 2018 ?mookie chose the LA Dodgers over my team he can eat a mountain of cow shit
    But how do you really feel?
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

All-Star
    Mookie who? Old news time to move on!