Register now to remove this ad

Page 106 of 179 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2683

Thread: Mookie Betts and David Price have been traded to Dodgers

This makes me wonder if Verdugo had a procedure on his back. How do they know in early February that he won’t be back by the beginning of April?

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    This makes me wonder if Verdugo had a procedure on his back. How do they know in early February that he won’t be back by the beginning of April?
    I find it incredible that some people don't find it concerning that is taking Verdugo over 6 months to recover from a back injury that he suffered last August. Open your eyes people. This isn't a good sign.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Elktonnick View Post
    I find it incredible that some people don't find it concerning that is taking Verdugo over 6 months to recover from a back injury that he suffered last August. Open your eyes people. This isn't a good sign.
    Tell me why I should take the words of you or Kevin Kennedy over the Sox medical staff...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Tell me why I should take the words of you or Kevin Kennedy over the Sox medical staff...
    Spier just posted an article whose headline was about Red Sox concern over Verdugo's health led to them to sign Pilar. Looks like Bloom is already hedging his bets. Pardon the pun.

He’s adding depth. That’s what you do in today’s game. They’re going to have to load manage Verdugo for 2020, so having a platoon partner for 30% of the games is a smart thing. He’s young, even if he had surgery, it isn’t the end of the world. His talent is undeniable. You roll with the punches going forward. You didn’t get him for 2020 anyway

Deity
    Spier just posted an article whose headline was about Red Sox concern over Verdugo's health led to them to sign Pilar. Looks like Bloom is already hedging his bets. Pardon the pun.
    Link?

Link?
    Find it yourself I am not your research asistant.It is easy to do.

Deity
    Did you read the article?

It does say Verdugo might miss the start of the season, but it also says he also might not. Such is the nature of uncertainty. It also says Verdugo’s back was a factor in signing a Pillar, but that all 3 outfielders hit left handed was also a factor.

So far, there is no real reason to be concerned beyond Dr. Kevin Kennedy and his questionable medical credentials. If the Sox signed a higher quality replacement like Yasiel Puig, that might be a stronger indication of how little they expect Verdugo to play...

It does say Verdugo might miss the start of the season, but it also says he also might not. Such is the nature of uncertainty. It also says Verdugo’s back was a factor in signing a Pillar, but that all 3 outfielders hit left handed was also a factor.

So far, there is no real reason to be concerned beyond Dr. Kevin Kennedy and his questionable medical credentials. If the Sox signed a higher quality replacement like Yasiel Puig, that might be a stronger indication of how little they expect Verdugo to play...
    Isn't Yasiel Puig just Albert Belle on steroids?
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    Isn't Yasiel Puig just Albert Belle on steroids?
    If either of those two guys was taking steroids, I don’t think Puig would be my first choice...

Find it yourself I am not your research asistant.It is easy to do.
    Someone is having a bad V Day.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Congratulations on finding the article yourself see I knew you could do it. Of course I read the article.

Now since you are so good at doing research I suggest you also do a little on back injuries and how difficult they are to diagnose. And how several doctors can read the same MRI and come up with different prognoses. How the prognosis is highly dependent on the patience's description of the pain and how this can be highly subjective.
    You will also find an article saying that low back pain experts have long understood that you simply cannot reliably diagnose low back pain with MRI or X-ray in isolation. And that premature MRIs are useless.
    Oh what the articles on back pain don't say but what my physician told me after my automobile accident which injured my back that micro tears in my back muscles may not bother me until several weeks even months after the accident..
    Finally we have no idea what the doctor precise words to the Red Sox were about Verdugo's injury. For example we have no idea whether the medical staff gave the team blanket clearance which I doubt or whether it was qualified in some manner which is more likely.

back injuries are definitely a concern.
    some debilitating back injuries are even mental.
    either mental or physical they are very hard to predict when they will "heal" or when they will crop up again.
    if this is a permanent on and off issue with verdugo then this trade has to be considered "Sox got hosed".....
    other names i have posted under: none

Deity
    Congratulations on finding the article yourself see I knew you could do it. Of course I read the article.

Now since you are so good at doing research I suggest you also do a little on back injuries and how difficult they are to diagnose. And how several doctors can read the same MRI and come up with different prognoses. How the prognosis is highly dependent on the patience's description of the pain and how this can be highly subjective.
    You will also find an article saying that low back pain experts have long understood that you simply cannot reliably diagnose low back pain with MRI or X-ray in isolation. And that premature MRIs are useless.
    Oh what the articles on back pain don't say but what my physician told me after my automobile accident which injured my back that micro tears in my back muscles may not bother me until several weeks even months after the accident..
    Finally we have no idea what the doctor precise words to the Red Sox were about Verdugo's injury. For example we have no idea whether the medical staff gave the team blanket clearance which I doubt or whether it was qualified in some manner which is more likely.

Yes I found it despite you being a complete ass about WHERE he said it. Speier does have multiple outlets.

And thanks for telling me about how to diagnose a lower back. I had an accident many years ago where I shattered several vertebrae and the x-Rays of my spine looked like a map of a winding country road giving a scenic tour of my torso. One major back surgery and two Harrington rods later, and I’m fine now. In fact, I’m better than before because they fixed my scoliosis. (This is a true story.)

And yet with all of this history of back issues, I won’t diagnose Alex Verdugo. Not sure what Kevin Kennedy’s credentials are, but probably not much better than mine if at all. Kennedy should stick to what he does best, which is promoting himself for successes, blaming others for his failures, and getting fired...

Quote Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
    You can just sense some people are gunning for this move to be a bust so they can have reason to bitch at Bloom.
    Truer words never spoken.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.