Register now to remove this ad

Page 119 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2043

Thread: Mookie Betts and David Price have been traded to Dodgers

  1. #1771
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    33,213
    @jcmccaffrey
    Regarding whether they’ll try to pursue Betts next winter in free agency, Kennedy says they can’t comment on a player w/ another team but they’ve continually been among the top spending teams in baseball and have spent big when appropriate so they see next winter as no different
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Remy View Post
    ďNow Iím not sure why it was necessary, but watch ... I canít circle because I donít have my telestrator but HERE COMES THE PIZZA, see?Ē

  2. #1772
    Deity Slasher9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    11,185
    Mookie with another post to IG:
    Boston, thank you for an amazing 9 years.
    Los Angeles, it's showtime!
    other names i have posted under: none

  3. #1773
    Deity
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    20,018
    I had no issues with that the Sox said today in their presser. Usually I have something to complain about. No, they didn't come clean on the genesis of the trade (getting under the CBT). What they are saying is tantamount to saying they don't expect anything out of the 2020 season. That does surprise me. Then again if they can't market speculation about the possible "greatness" as opposed to goodness of the 2020 edition, what are they really going to say?

    It's clear that the Sox absolutely positively think Mookie will test the FA market and there is nothing they could have offered him within reason to prevent that.

    So fine....it is what it is. Verdugo's back problems better not turn out to be chronic. That is about all I have to say.

  4. #1774
    All-Star Sox75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,907
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

  5. #1775
    Recently, I posted that Kennedy said ticket sales were down 6% from last year. His most recent statement is that sales are down 15% from last year. That is a startling drop. That could mean of over 400,000 from last year. That could mean a loss of total revenue of well over 30 million dllrs in ticket and other sales at the ballpark alone.
    What Henry needs to really worry about is the phenomenon of how difficult it is to win back fans who have quit on the team.

  6. #1776
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    33,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Elktonnick View Post
    Recently, I posted that Kennedy said ticket sales were down 6% from last year. His most recent statement is that sales are down 15% from last year. That is a startling drop. That could mean of over 400,000 from last year. That could mean a loss of total revenue of well over 30 million dllrs in ticket and other sales at the ballpark alone.
    What Henry needs to really worry about is the phenomenon of how difficult it is to win back fans who have quit on the team.
    Fans to Henry rn:
    You deserve it!
    clap clap clapclapclap
    You deserive it!
    clap clap clapclapclap
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Remy View Post
    ďNow Iím not sure why it was necessary, but watch ... I canít circle because I donít have my telestrator but HERE COMES THE PIZZA, see?Ē

  7. #1777
    Deity Slasher9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    11,185
    anyone have a link to the full ownership presser?
    MLB.com only has a five minute segment.
    other names i have posted under: none

  8. #1778
    Deity
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    20,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Elktonnick View Post
    Recently, I posted that Kennedy said ticket sales were down 6% from last year. His most recent statement is that sales are down 15% from last year. That is a startling drop. That could mean of over 400,000 from last year. That could mean a loss of total revenue of well over 30 million dllrs in ticket and other sales at the ballpark alone.
    What Henry needs to really worry about is the phenomenon of how difficult it is to win back fans who have quit on the team.
    They are definitely going to take hit there regardless of having a relatively large payroll. "Sneaky good in 2020" (from Roach today) is not something that markets well to the Boston fan base, given ticket prices, other things you can do with your entertainment dollars and 4 championships in 19 years.

    Henry was not blaming anybody for where they are though. He basically said the Red Sox themselves put themselves in this position. They can't come out and blame the Sale and Eovaldi contracts because those guys are still here. Some of the assembled media tried to get them to go down that road but they just can't. I can't blame the Sox Brass for that.

  9. #1779
    Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    They are definitely going to take hit there regardless of having a relatively large payroll. "Sneaky good in 2020" (from Roach today) is not something that markets well to the Boston fan base, given ticket prices, other things you can do with your entertainment dollars and 4 championships in 19 years.

    Henry was not blaming anybody for where they are though. He basically said the Red Sox themselves put themselves in this position. They can't come out and blame the Sale and Eovaldi contracts because those guys are still here. Some of the assembled media tried to get them to go down that road but they just can't. I can't blame the Sox Brass for that.
    I know this isn’t “popular “ or maybe “politically Correct “ some my say “I’m nuts “ or Over the Top “ ...Mookie is a Dodger hence is “Dog shit “ or “Trash “,Or I’d say a royal “Puss Cakes “ a “choking ass Dog” he is literal dirt or gum on the bottom of a railing ...He’s No longer “Worthy” of any positive “Compliment “ .
    Last edited by Swiharts Ghost; 02-17-2020 at 03:50 PM.

  10. #1780
    Deity Slasher9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    11,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    I know this isn’t “popular “ or maybe “politically Correct “ some my say “I’m nuts “ or Over the Top “ ...Mookie is a Dodger hence is “Dog shit “ or “Trash “,Or I’d say a royal “Puss Cakes “ a “choking ass Dog” he is literal dirt or gum on the bottom of a railing ...He’s No longer “Worthy” of any positive “Compliment “ .
    he was traded. he didn't ask/request/demand to be traded. you're over the top.
    other names i have posted under: none

  11. #1781
    Deity
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    20,018
    So OK, I did not hear Sam go off on a tickets sales pitch during this press conference which he did during this presser which was ill timed at best....flat oblivious at worst.

  12. #1782
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    25,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Elktonnick View Post
    Recently, I posted that Kennedy said ticket sales were down 6% from last year. His most recent statement is that sales are down 15% from last year. That is a startling drop. That could mean of over 400,000 from last year. That could mean a loss of total revenue of well over 30 million dllrs in ticket and other sales at the ballpark alone.
    What Henry needs to really worry about is the phenomenon of how difficult it is to win back fans who have quit on the team.
    A loss of fans isn't just bad for Henry, it's bad for the fans who are left.

    Decreased revenue could lead to further payroll cutting.

    The glory days of this franchise may be at an end.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

  13. #1783
    Deity
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    20,018
    Part of Kennedy's pretty ugly pitch for ticket sales was the following:
    "every dollar of ticket sales and concessions gets plowed back into the team."

    A complete and utter fantasy, a lie that is beneath him or at least I thought it was.
    Last edited by jung; 02-17-2020 at 04:48 PM.

  14. #1784
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    15,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    A loss of fans isn't just bad for Henry, it's bad for the fans who are left.

    Decreased revenue could lead to further payroll cutting.

    The glory days of this franchise may be at an end.
    Maybe, but he has also shown that he can spend $240 million on this team and make a profit.

    If the team wins, the fans will be there. Mookie or no Mookie..

  15. #1785
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    31,774
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    he was traded. he didn't ask/request/demand to be traded. you're over the top.
    Not surprising.

    Especially, when you consider he'll be a Sox again next year.
    Sox 4 Ever

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •