Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ron Roenicke to be named manager of the Red Sox

@redsoxstats
    Sox planning to hire Roenicke (Globe). Search is not complete (Sox). Gibbons interviewed (Athletic). Urueta informed he is not the managerial choice (Columbian radio). Little evidence of cheating (USA Today). Why are the Twins trying to fix the LAD-BOS mess (Me).
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    That was also the only good thing Shea ever did.
    Actually, I would not be surprised if Shea tried to strangle him but missed altogether...

Deity
    @redsoxstats
    Sox planning to hire Roenicke (Globe). Search is not complete (Sox). Gibbons interviewed (Athletic). Urueta informed he is not the managerial choice (Columbian radio). Little evidence of cheating (USA Today). Why are the Twins trying to fix the LAD-BOS mess (Me).
    I don't trust that last source...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I don't trust that last source...
    I'm NOT the last source. That's the redsoxstats person. They are probably much more trustworthy. When I post tweets, I usually don't add any personal commentary unless it's in a different font.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJackson View Post
    I would think that if it had ended already that they would have announced it.

MLB needs to put this behind them, so waiting to announce the decision(s) if the investigation is over doesn't make much sense to me.

But I could be wrong.
    And they will announce it, but not necessarily 5 minutes after it ends. This stuff doesn't happen in real time.

Clearly the investigation has reached a point where the Sox are comfortable know ing there was minimal involvement in any and expect minimal penalties if any...

Total milky toast hire shows they don’t give a shit about this year .

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJackson View Post
    Maybe, or maybe not.
    I would suspect they know much more about this investigation than you or I know....

I would suspect they know much more about this investigation than you or I know....
    Maybe, or maybe not.

If (and this is a big if) the investigators have integrity, they shouldn't know anything until the investigation is complete. Now of course the investigation could have been completed and the Commissioner simply hasn't announced it. Whatever the fact the Red Sox haven't formerly made the announcement suggests that the Red Sox aren't 100% sure yet. It isn' t as if they haven't rushed to judgment in the past now have they?

I wouldn't bet on that.
    Last edited by a700hitter; 02-07-2020 at 08:10 PM.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    Maybe, or maybe not.
    Well I’m definitely half right, since I don’t know anything. Anyone have any info?

I think this is a bad choice by management. They should clean house of anyone connected to the Cora regime. Hire an outside candidate for Manager and allow him to hire coaches. Keeping the old guard will only serve to fuel doubt and possibly taint the Sox reputation further. Weak move.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Major Leaguer oldmaninthevegasdesert's Avatar
    Can we put a manager in place,,,,focus

Quote Originally Posted by oldmaninthevegasdesert View Post
    Can we put a manager in place,,,,focus
    It’s Roenicke

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I think this is a bad choice by management. They should clean house of anyone connected to the Cora regime. Hire an outside candidate for Manager and allow him to hire coaches. Keeping the old guard will only serve to fuel doubt and possibly taint the Sox reputation further. Weak move.
    I think that the Sox naming Roenicke as the manager suggests that there isn't much to the Red Sox cheating scandal. I would have preferred a younger manager, along the lines of Cora, but outside of that, Roenicke is probably a good choice to provide some continuity, stability, and patience to a team that I think is strongly in need of it.