Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A bright spot this winter.

A bright spot this winter.

It's been a bleak 2019 season and hot stove league this winter but something good has happened too. It may be a bit of a moot point what with the anticipated bleakness of the upcoming season but if the Sox do get their feet under them we at least won't have to listen to Jessica Mendoza on Sunday nights.

https://bangordailynews.com/2020/02/...-mets-adviser/

At this point we have to take our blessings where we find them.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

That's two pieces of good news-the other, as 700hitter noted, being the injury to Paxton.

No sense pretending we're not just a bunch of nasty pricks.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Mendoza is a scape goat for a shitty production.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    I had no problem with Mendoza. But then I don’t complain about announcers as often as most people. In fact, I don’t even understand why people do...

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Mendoza was the worst part of that production. She couldn't adapt her remarks and analysis to game circumstances. Her analysis was scripted and often inappropriate for the game circumstances.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    Mendoza was the worst part of that production. She couldn't adapt her remarks and analysis to game circumstances. Her analysis was scripted and often inappropriate for the game circumstances.
    Want Joe Morgan back?

Want Joe Morgan back?
    If those were the only two choices I'd cast one vote for shutting Sunday Night Baseball down altogether.

In fact... I'd do that anyway. SNB is nothing more than a conversation between three "analysts" about basketball and anything BUT baseball strung together by a baseball game.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Want Joe Morgan back?
    Morgan had been good when he first started, but stopped doing his homework and started to mail it in. Mendoza was never good.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Actually Mendoza is being promoted at ESPN. She will be doing more baseball. But you are right the whole ESPN baseball production is terrible.

I had no problem with Mendoza. But then I don’t complain about announcers as often as most people. In fact, I don’t even understand why people do...
    I didn't mind listening to Mendoza and Arod. The only announcer who makes me turn off the sound is Hubie Brown. (Well, of course, there's Don Cherry, but fortunately he's gone.)

Medoza sucks.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

It was shit from top to bottom. Nothing redeemable.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    I have never understood the importance of TV announcers to a baseball game. I usually like radio announcers when I'm driving and listening to a game, but turn the sound off when watching the Sox on TV.

It was shit from top to bottom. Nothing redeemable.
    Couldn't listen to it and it was unwatchable too because the camera is often not on the field of play but on the stands or something else.

I like the option on MLBTV that allows for the sounds of the game -- no announcers, but i don't think it was available last season.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    I have never understood the importance of TV announcers to a baseball game. I usually like radio announcers when I'm driving and listening to a game, but turn the sound off when watching the Sox on TV.
    “Why do we have announcers? You’re already watching the game. All they should say is ‘Did you see that? So did I!’” - Richard Jeni