Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Severino needs season-ending Tommy John

Severino needs season-ending Tommy John

"Yankees right-hander Luis Severino has been recommended to undergo Tommy John surgery after experiencing soreness in his right forearm at the start of camp, general manager Brian Cashman said on Tuesday.

Severino had been scheduled to celebrate his 26th birthday last week by throwing a bullpen session, but he traveled to Orlando, Fla., for further examination by team physician Dr. Christopher Ahmad. The righty made just three starts in 2019."

You just never know about the health of a pitcher. Sincerely, it's too bad. I don't want to see anyone getting hurt.
    Last edited by Nick; 02-25-2020 at 03:33 PM.

The symptom of forearm soreness on the throwing arm has become the kiss of the surgeon's scalpel. When I heard that Severino had the soreness a day or two ago, I wondered how long until they shut him down. Good thing the Yankees have all that depth.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    The symptom of forearm soreness on the throwing arm has become the kiss of the surgeon's scalpel. When I heard that Severino had the soreness a day or two ago, I wondered how long until they shut him down. Good thing the Yankees have all that depth.
    He was shut down most of last year....I know it's Monday morning quarterbacking, but I wonder surgery was considered as an option last year. Probably hoping he'd come back for the playoffs in 2019.

All-Star
    I'm surprised Jacko didn't make this thread. He LOVES to update us on injuries.

Oh... it's a Yankee injury...

Quote Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
    I'm surprised Jacko didn't make this thread. He LOVES to update us on injuries.

Oh... it's a Yankee injury...
    He already made a thread in Yankees sub-forum..

Hate to see that! First Paxton, now Severino. Jackwad must be in a state of depression.

I think we can safely say the Sox SP'ers are no more injury prone than Yankee SP'ers.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    "Yankees right-hander Luis Severino has been recommended to undergo Tommy John surgery after experiencing soreness in his right forearm at the start of camp, general manager Brian Cashman said on Tuesday.

Severino had been scheduled to celebrate his 26th birthday last week by throwing a bullpen session, but he traveled to Orlando, Fla., for further examination by team physician Dr. Christopher Ahmad. The righty made just three starts in 2019."

You just never know about the health of a pitcher. Sincerely, it's too bad. I don't want to see anyone getting hurt.
    I don't wish this kind of injury on anyone, even the arch enemy. What a terrible break for him.

I guess the Yankees supposed pitching depth is going to be tested right away.

Is he a little bit ahead of sale on the race to Tommy John surgery?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Is he a little bit ahead of sale on the race to Tommy John surgery?
    Idiotic comment.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I think we can safely say the Sox SP'ers are no more injury prone than Yankee SP'ers.
    sorry moon. thats not what our resident doctor jacksonianmarch says.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    sorry moon. thats not what our resident doctor jacksonianmarch says.
    I'd love to see Sale, Eovaldi and ERod all get 180+ IP, this year. (That will likely not be enough, though.)

Legend
    Unreal in Spring Training to injuries, especially to Pitchers. Believe me more to come, to all teams.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I'd love to see Sale, Eovaldi and ERod all get 180+ IP, this year. (That will likely not be enough, though.)
    1458 innings in a season, not counting extras. 3 guys at 180 is 37% of that total. Going to be a long season given the arm/shoulder histories of Sale and Eo. Almost 900 other innings to cover, that's like 4 Porcellos, plus a few BP'ers !

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    1458 innings in a season, not counting extras. 3 guys at 180 is 37% of that total. Going to be a long season given the arm/shoulder histories of Sale and Eo. Almost 900 other innings to cover, that's like 4 Porcellos, plus a few BP'ers !
    Sale was a horse before 2018.