Register now to remove this ad

Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Training 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Not small - they look good.
    Thanks. By next spring training, I'll probably have forgotten my whole learning curve. LOL!!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Can my photos be seen? I want to know if I got the upload process right. Are they small?
    I can see them now. They are right side up and pretty large. Good job Boomer!

Quote Originally Posted by kimmi View Post
    i can see them now. They are right side up and pretty large. Good job boomer!
    lol!!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    Austin Maddox retired

What looked like a promising start ended up as the entirety of Maddox’s big league career. A shoulder strain limited him to only eight total outings in the minors in 2018, and he missed all of 2019 recovering from rotator cuff surgery. The Red Sox re-signed Maddox to a new minor league deal over the offseason, though he didn’t appear in any Spring Training games.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

@BostonStrong_34
    The Red Sox announce that their first official team workout will be on July 3rd at Fenway Park.

I wasn't here when we discussed this before (if you ever did). What's the general opinion of the TS community on the Nike swooshes being on the chest of the uniforms? I have a bunch of friends that are Yankees fans that hate it for obvious reasons. I think it looks good on most teams (Yankees being one of the exceptions), but I am biased. UConn is sponsored by Nike, so every piece of attire I've gotten from the football team has basically made me a paid spokesperson.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I wasn't here when we discussed this before (if you ever did). What's the general opinion of the TS community on the Nike swooshes being on the chest of the uniforms? I have a bunch of friends that are Yankees fans that hate it for obvious reasons. I think it looks good on most teams (Yankees being one of the exceptions), but I am biased. UConn is sponsored by Nike, so every piece of attire I've gotten from the football team has basically made me a paid spokesperson.
    It's fine. It's no worse than the ugly Gulf logo in LF or the Coke bottles, or any of the crap currently on the Monster.

It is the greatest thing ever.

This post is sponsored By Nike

Big news out of spring training today:

Bill Koch

@BillKoch25
    ·
    6m

Also -- Benintendi is back to full Flow Bros status. Those locks are simply luscious.

@BrockStar4Lyf
    would be pleased. #RedSox

Expect Beni to rake this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post

Bill Koch

@BillKoch25
    ·
    6m

Also -- Benintendi is back to full Flow Bros status. Those locks are simply luscious.

@BrockStar4Lyf

Good call, as guys like Devers, Bogie and JD will be the ones foes really focus on pitching to, so don't be surprised if one or all have off-years... but that means other batters may see easier pitches and have break-outs.

Other candidates: aren't we about due for a JBJ hot streak? This could key a fast start; just think -- if Bradley puts together a 30-game binge, that's half the season! What about Pillar, coming off career highs in HRs, RBI, OPs...

If I had to bet, I'd say a surprise star may be Verdugo, since AL pitchers haven't seen him much and by the time someone finds a hole in his swing, it will get late early.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post

Bill Koch

@BillKoch25
    ·
    6m

@BrockStar4Lyf

I picked a great day to wear my Benintendi shirt for the first time since last fall
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Good call, as guys like Devers, Bogie and JD will be the ones foes really focus on pitching to, so don't be surprised if one or all have off-years... but that means other batters may see easier pitches and have break-outs.

Other candidates: aren't we about due for a JBJ hot streak? This could key a fast start; just think -- if Bradley puts together a 30-game binge, that's half the season! What about Pillar, coming off career highs in HRs, RBI, OPs...

If I had to bet, I'd say a surprise star may be Verdugo, since AL pitchers haven't seen him much and by the time someone finds a hole in his swing, it will get late early.
    Beni also appears to have lost some of the muscle that he put on last year. I think that will work to his advantage.

I am always pulling for JBJ. I think he's the player I've pulled the hardest for since he's been on the team. I hope he has a great season offensively.

I am also optimistic about Verdugo. Warranted or not, he will have a lot of pressure on his shoulders to at least somewhat help us forget about Mookie.

I picked a great day to wear my Benintendi shirt for the first time since last fall
    Indeed!

Darwinzon Hernandez and Josh Taylor are the two Sox players who have tested positive.

Eduardo Rodriguez was exposed to the virus and is still awaiting test results.