Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Sox close to deal with Lucroy

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Thee will likely be a decline in attendance if the team does not win immediately. But Mookie was not the difference between winning and not winning this year. The Sox had Mookie last year and it equaled 85 wins.

Fans will come back when the team wins. And some will stick throughout. Most of us started following this ballclub at some point between 1918 and 2004. A rough season or two is not exactly a novelty for us...
    I hope you are right but if I were Henry I wouldn't be so smug about it. I followed this team through thick and thin but not everyone is so committed to baseball. It is not a sure thing that any team can recapture the general public's affection once the public has developed other tastes. That is the danger. Too many posters on this board ASSUME that once fans lose their interest in Red Sox baseball they will automatically return after years in the wilderness.

I don't assume Bloom will be successful or unsuccessful. I will wait for results. So far the jury is still out. He will have no excuses for failure.
    Last edited by Elktonnick; 02-18-2020 at 02:41 PM.