Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sox close to deal with Lucroy

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    The Sox need some catching depth, no? I like the deal.

Yes, we still need pitching, but this deal does not prohibit the other from happening.
    THere's no such thing as a bad minor league contract. I stand by that. I would just like some minor league pitching contracts...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    THere's no such thing as a bad minor league contract. I stand by that. I would just like some minor league pitching contracts...
    I'm in 100% agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Lucroy once had a reputation for being one of the best defensive catchers. I haven't really paid much attention to him lately, but he's a guy who could really benefit our pitchers. Also, I read that he recently has surgery of some kind, and he could possibly provide some nice offense for a back up catcher.
    He's a shadow of himself.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

As many other have said - "print the playoff tickets!"
    Weird flex from you.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Weird flex from you.
    If he calls a great game and Sale asks for him to be a caddie like I hope he does I’m all in always liked this player don’t care if he hits 240 it’s miles better than Leon and I bet he’s a better game caller than anyone we have currently . Love Vaz but I’ve never been convinced he’s a great game caller .
    Last edited by Swiharts Ghost; 02-18-2020 at 08:17 PM.

Major Leaguer oldmaninthevegasdesert's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elktonnick View Post
    Let's see what he does or doesn't do. As Lombardi said "Winning isn't everything, it is the only thing"
    WTF, it was you who started the conversation in the direction it trended, 'produce' was your word, by the way "family is the only thing"...Go Sox

Amen brother! Total agreement!

Red Sox signed C Jonathan Lucroy to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.
    The deal was agreed upon early Tuesday morning and has now been made official after Lucroy arrived at Red Sox camp in Florida on Wednesday and passed his physical. Lucroy struggled to a .232/.305/.355 batting line with eight home runs and 36 RBI in 101 games last season between the Angels and Cubs, but he'll get a chance to compete with Kevin Plawecki for the backup job behind Red Sox starting catcher Christian Vazquez.

Red Sox signed C Jonathan Lucroy to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.
    The deal was agreed upon early Tuesday morning and has now been made official after Lucroy arrived at Red Sox camp in Florida on Wednesday and passed his physical. Lucroy struggled to a .232/.305/.355 batting line with eight home runs and 36 RBI in 101 games last season between the Angels and Cubs, but he'll get a chance to compete with Kevin Plawecki for the backup job behind Red Sox starting catcher Christian Vazquez.
    I really think Lucroy could be a damn good backup to Vaz he seems like a a player that brings veteran leadership .

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    I really think Lucroy could be a damn good backup to Vaz he seems like a a player that brings veteran leadership .
    ... until his wife helps him pack for that first road trip...

Hang’em Chaim is feasting at the “retread” buffet. He has signed nearly a half dozen retreads this far.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Hang’em Chaim is feasting at the “retread” buffet. He has signed nearly a half dozen retreads this far.
    Not much else you can do this time of year.

@ChrisCotillo
    Lucroy said he had a herniated disc in his neck for the past 3 years. Had surgery to correct it.

"I'd like to sit here and make excuses and say it's the reason I haven't been good, but I'm not going to. It did affect me."

"I feel a lot better than I have in a long time."

Deity
    @ChrisCotillo
    Lucroy said he had a herniated disc in his neck for the past 3 years. Had surgery to correct it.

"I'd like to sit here and make excuses and say it's the reason I haven't been good, but I'm not going to. It did affect me."

"I feel a lot better than I have in a long time."
    OK, so now we know who will be the "Best shape of his career" guy in spring training. We till need to know the Sore Arm Guy and the Jeff Bailey Award candidates. At least we rarely see the Visa Problem Guy anymore...

Severino appears to be having arm issues.