Register now to remove this ad

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Sox still negotiating for Myers

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Two non sequiturs.

It has been well established by everyone to ever cover MLB that relief pitchers traded in July are always the commodity most overpaid to acquire. Jacko’s comment about dealing Workman in the winter is a completely different case. And Miller, as a non-closer, is irrelevant in any conversation about how fans likely fawn over closers and saves more than GMs do..,
    Jeez. Look, I'll stop using the non sequitur thing, but here is what you actually said in post 315 that started this discussion about Workman:

I don’t think getting controllable pitchers at the deadline is likely. What do the Sox have to deal for one? Their biggest trade commodities then will be Workman and Barnes. And I don’t expect much for Workman.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Jeez. Look, I'll stop using the non sequitur thing, but here is what you actually said in post 315 that started this discussion about Workman:

I don’t think getting controllable pitchers at the deadline is likely. What do the Sox have to deal for one? Their biggest trade commodities then will be Workman and Barnes. And I don’t expect much for Workman.
    Correct. But that’s because he’s 31 and coming off a career year...”