Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Severino Shut Down Due To Forearm Discomfort

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    The only guy with recurrent injury issues on the staff was Paxton. I’ve acknowledged that and he once again came through with an injury. Sevy was misdiagnosed last year but he finished the year without shoulder or lat issues. His previous history pointed towards a bounce back.

Prior to the big trade, the Sox had four guys in their rotation with recurrent injury issues and two who finished the year injured. That’s not the same at all.
    I never said the Yanks were "the same," but you clearly show way more optimism towards your guys than ours. It's understandable but still needs to be pointed out.

You were way more optimistic about Paxton than our pitchers with injury histories.

Sevy barely has a history due to his age, but he has spent a huge percent of his time in the bigs on the IL.

Yes, Happ has been healthy for many years but still only topped 178 IP once in his career and over 145 in 3 of his 6 seasons before last year.

Tanaka had been very healthy but also was never a big innings eater. No issues with your view on him.

German and Montgomery- LOL!

I'd consider Montgomery one of your starting 5, but he's hurt so much, you forgot to count him as one.

Sox 4 Ever

He’s not “hurt so much”. He had TJS and is finally healthy

He’s not “hurt so much”. He had TJS and is finally healthy
    Did you count him as one of your top 5 starters out hurt all the time?

No.
    Sox 4 Ever

He wasn’t in the top 5 coming into the season. With Paxton and Sevy our hurt and German suspended, now he’s clearly in the top 5

He wasn’t in the top 5 coming into the season. With Paxton and Sevy our hurt and German suspended, now he’s clearly in the top 5
    I was mostly talking about your points made last winer- before the 2019 season.

He wasn't top 5 because he was out hurt? If he was healthy, he counts as top 5.

Your math is funny.

If a guy is really hurt on the Yanks, you don't count him as a starting 5 guy out hurt. If he's a Sox guy, he's one of our top 5 guys always out hurt.
    Sox 4 Ever

Sevy needs TJS FUCK!

Our extensions aren't work out so far

Deity
    This guy has barely pitched ever since I extended him in my AL only keeper league...

The Red Sox would have had a legitimate chance to make a run at the Division Title had they not dismantled the team.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Cessa for TJS too. Wtf

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    The Red Sox would have had a legitimate chance to make a run at the Division Title had they not dismantled the team.

The Sox won 85 games an finished 3rd last year. You spent years ripping Cherington for assembling a team that won just 7 fewer games...

The Sox won 85 games an finished 3rd last year. You spent years ripping Cherington for assembling a team that won just 7 fewer games...
    They actually only won 84 last year.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    They actually only won 84 last year.
    ... which only emphasizes my point.

The 2020 Red Sox season depended heavily on the health of Sale, Price and Eovaldi. Not on Betts. And with no depth below them any injury would have ruined not just 2020, but possibly 2021 and 2022 as well...

... which only emphasizes my point.

The 2020 Red Sox season depended heavily on the health of Sale, Price and Eovaldi. Not on Betts. And with no depth below them any injury would have ruined not just 2020, but possibly 2021 and 2022 as well...
    Let's face it, the trade will be scrutinized by the hindsight jury all season.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Cessa for TJS too. Wtf
    I have not seen this anywhere. And I've looked...