Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Severino Shut Down Due To Forearm Discomfort

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I know, but do we now think Cashman and Boone are miracle workers who can overcome anything?

I'm highly suspicious of how they achieved their offensive numbers with all the no-names last year.

Apparently Judge is not exactly 100% either.
    I’m not suspicious; they were stealing signs. The only question is were they doing it legally? (No fucking way.)

But the SP didn’t benefit from this...

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    can you trade for Cole?
    No. I already have Cole...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I’m not suspicious; they were stealing signs. The only question is were they doing it legally? (No fucking way.)

Their SP certainly wasn't their strength last year.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    The Sox got trounced last year and we didn’t see Sevy til September.
    but how many runs will you score this year vs the Sox without using the Beltran method???
    other names i have posted under: none

No. I already have Cole...
    perfect. thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    but how many runs will you score this year vs the Sox without using the Beltran method???
    Last I checked, your team was the one under investigation for cheating. 2018*
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Last I checked, your team was the one under investigation for cheating. 2018*
    yes, and that is exactly why you wont be able to utilize the Beltran Method this season. duh....

So to update

Judge's shoulder has improved. The plan is for him to face live pitching this week some time and appear in games next week. With a full month until the season, Judge is on track for a healthy start to the regular season. Hitters need far less time than pitchers for ST.

Paxton's surgery went well. He will be throwing off a mound shortly. Timetable for his return has been moved up to the first week of May

Clearly, Sevy is done for 2020. If all goes well, we should see him back on the Yankee mound by mid season 2021. I have always said TJS is an 18 month recovery for starting pitchers. Not to "recover" but to regain their arsenal and control over it. 18 months puts him at September of 2021 to return to himself. What I cannot FUCKING fathom with Sevy is that he had this "injury" in October. He likely tore it in October 2019. They thought it was the loose bodies and had him rest. No, the loose bodies were probably pieces of his shredded fucking ligament. If he was operated on in October to remove the loose bodies, they would have seen the torn ligament and he would be on pace for a healthy and effective start to 2021. We can survive Sevy this year. Cole is here. Paxton will be back soon. Tanaka is still a playoff ace. Montgomery looks really really good. Happ, even with his shit 2019, was still a serviceable back end starter. German won 18 games in 24 starts. We have the depth this year. Paxton and Tanaka are FAs after 2020. Sevy is really needed for 2021 and because we fucking dilly dallied, he looks to be an option for the playoffs and if all goes well, maybe the second half of the season.

German should be ready come June 1 to pitch. He will get 2 weeks in the minors prior to the end of his suspension, which should be able to get him up to 80 pitches or so by the time he returns. He will likely be used as the bulk guy initially to build up his innings until he is able to handle the full go by early July.
    Hal sucks

Not to mock you, but this concise and ironic post shows the perfect hypocrisy of this entire scandalous winter -- and also why I just cannot get bent out of shape over whatever "facts" are revealed in any investigations...

... by a sport that has always been defined by secret codes involving basically everyone in uniform: defensive codes from catchers to pitchers and infielders, who then communicate with their own codes, and also relay the signs to outfielders with different codes; as well as offensive codes from batters to baserunners, and vice versa -- with most initiated by managers and coaches from dugouts or coach's boxes. With all of them constantly trying to crack each other's codes.

Technology has predictably brought in new sophistication, and it's not even plausible that the Yankees didn't delve... even NY fans would admit their club can afford -- and would expect their club to employ -- top of the industry analytics and IT experts. But the Yanks didn't win -- the Astros and Red Sox did, and so have the targets on their backs.

And shutting down replay monitors isn't going to change much, because video is everywhere and it's not going away -- unless they put metal detectors with little baskets for cellphones and ipads at entrances to dugouts and bullpens. Even that won't stop tens of thousands of people in the stands pointing smartphones at the diamond -- and who knows how many of those folks are club employees?

The Sale situation brings up a similar clusterfucking here for Sevy. Last year’s Yankee medical staff really screwed the pooch hard. They misdiagnosed Sevy with a shoulder issue. They rehabbed the wrong part of the body. The actual issue was an upper back muscle. My bet is this misdiagnosis led his core to be weaker and likely led to his UCL tearing. The cherry on the top of this shit cream sundae is the fact that the docs didn’t diagnose the UCL injury correctly and hence, he’s now down for 1+ seasons instead of being fine for ST of 2021.

Didn’t realize Severino had his surgery a full month and 3 days before Sale did. Sale was delayed due to the covid 19 pandemic.

Severino had his surgery Feb 27. Starters usually build up, without a setback, in about 14 months and start to get back to their baseline by 18 months. So Sevy should return around May 1 and could be back to his usual self come the end of August