Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Severino Shut Down Due To Forearm Discomfort

Severino Shut Down Due To Forearm Discomfort

By Steve Adams | February 20, 2020 at 1:03pm CDT

In yet another bit of troubling injury news for Yankees fans, manager Aaron Boone revealed Thursday that right-hander Luis Severino is experiencing forearm soreness that dates all the way back to his final ALCS appearance in 2019 (Twitter links via MLB.com’s Bryan Hoch). Severino also has a loose body in his elbow, per Boone. He’ll be shut down for at least the next few days and will be examined by team physician Dr. Chris Ahmad tomorrow. Asked if Severino would be ready for Opening Day, Boone could only reply, “We’ll see.”
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

this doesnt make sense bell.
    per jacksonianmarch only redsox pitchers have health worries. yankees pitchers dont get injured?
    other names i have posted under: none

The Paxton injury was not as painful knowing Sevy was coming back. This one is painful. Let’s hope it’s nothing, but damn that’s not good

Nice, at this rate we'll be seeing Chad Bettis starting on Opening Day.

A wise man once said, “you can never have enough pitching.”

We have Paxton and German coming back June 1. If this is just soreness and nothing else, then we dodge a bullet. If this is TJS, then we roll with what we have and thank god we got Cole

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Nice, at this rate we'll be seeing Chad Bettis starting on Opening Day.
    We have the depth to have a real prospect starting. But that’s not what we want when we are the favorites to win a title

He apparently has a “loose body” in his elbow that they fucking knew about in October. Why the ever living fuck didn’t they remove that?

in a Eovaldi thread:
    Loose bodies aren’t all that problematic long term, but they need to be retrieved. Opening the elbow, recovery, build up, etc is probably going to cost him 3 months. Wouldn’t be surprised if Eovaldi comes back in relief after 10 weeks or so without the buildup. I guess it depends on what is needed at the time

I'll let you all guess who posted it.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    He apparently has a “loose body” in his elbow that they fucking knew about in October. Why the ever living fuck didn’t they remove that?
    Crack medical staff.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    in a Eovaldi thread:
    Loose bodies aren’t all that problematic long term, but they need to be retrieved. Opening the elbow, recovery, build up, etc is probably going to cost him 3 months. Wouldn’t be surprised if Eovaldi comes back in relief after 10 weeks or so without the buildup. I guess it depends on what is needed at the time

I'll let you all guess who posted it.
    And I stand by that. What the fuck

Confirmed by Sevy himself. Exam results pending, but says it’s the same pain as October, only hurts on changeup. He was told it was the loose bodies. Just fucking get them removed and come back strong in July. Fuck

Confirmed by Sevy himself. Exam results pending, but says it’s the same pain as October, only hurts on changeup. He was told it was the loose bodies. Just fucking get them removed and come back strong in July. Fuck
    It does seem strange that some of these things aren't addressed earlier than they are. With both Paxton and Severino. It's happened with Red Sox pitchers too of course.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Paxton makes sense. Most of the time, herniated disks are treated with injections and rest. You also cannot inject then operate immediately due to problems with healing.

For Sevy, I don’t get it. It’s likely not going away. Remove them

Paxton makes sense. Most of the time, herniated disks are treated with injections and rest. You also cannot inject then operate immediately due to problems with healing.

For Sevy, I don’t get it. It’s likely not going away. Remove them
    Are you starting to see why we think you are more aggressive when criticizing Sox pitcher's health concerns, when all along we've been telling you to do the same with Yankee starters?
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    It does seem strange that some of these things aren't addressed earlier than they are. With both Paxton and Severino. It's happened with Red Sox pitchers too of course.
    it is refreshing to see another teams medical staff look like a bugs bunny cartoon....for awhile i thought it was only us....