Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
The only guy with recurrent injury issues on the staff was Paxton. I’ve acknowledged that and he once again came through with an injury. Sevy was misdiagnosed last year but he finished the year without shoulder or lat issues. His previous history pointed towards a bounce back.

Prior to the big trade, the Sox had four guys in their rotation with recurrent injury issues and two who finished the year injured. That’s not the same at all.
I never said the Yanks were "the same," but you clearly show way more optimism towards your guys than ours. It's understandable but still needs to be pointed out.

You were way more optimistic about Paxton than our pitchers with injury histories.

Sevy barely has a history due to his age, but he has spent a huge percent of his time in the bigs on the IL.

Yes, Happ has been healthy for many years but still only topped 178 IP once in his career and over 145 in 3 of his 6 seasons before last year.

Tanaka had been very healthy but also was never a big innings eater. No issues with your view on him.

German and Montgomery- LOL!

I'd consider Montgomery one of your starting 5, but he's hurt so much, you forgot to count him as one.