Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why not Atleast give Scooter Genette a look ?

All-Star
    There's really no reason not to be handing out minor league offers like candy at this point, so I'm hoping Bloom has a few irons in the fire soon to come to fruition. Bringing Lucroy in to see if he has anything left was a nice no-risk move...Gennett would be as well. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Sure, if you also assume Jerome Bettis got his nickname due to his concern for the environment and his love of public transportation.

To me, Ryan Gennett is a cool name. Ryan Gennett sounds like a guy who plays quarterback at USC or UCLA and gets Heisman votes. And then goes on to be drafted high and play in the NFL for a number of years, but never lives up to those lofty expectations and is even called a “draft bust” early in by some. But after he retires, we all reflect on the career of Ryan Gennett and realize he really wasn’t so bad.

Now “Scooter” Gennett is another matter. “Scooter” Gennett sounds like that 8yo kid down the block that has ADHD but his parents don’t believe in medicating him and are anti-vaxers and possibly Scientologists. But Scooter is the kid your son befriends despite the fact that the only thing he eats are Triscuits covered in mayonnaise, and every time you see him, all you can think is “Please God. Do NOT let my son invite him to sleep over.”

So, in conclusion. Brian Dozier...
    Dozier is a much better bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by Elktonnick View Post
    Phil Rizzuto was one of my heroes, Lumpy
    Gross
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    You really have some serious issues.
    And you’re just a methodical automaton completely devoid of romance and imagination. Also a Dozier Hater...
    Last edited by notin; 02-23-2020 at 11:57 AM.

Deity
    Phil Rizzuto was one of my heroes, Lumpy
    You’re pinstripes are showing.

And let’s be fair here. While his nickname was Scooter, he was still better known as Phil. Go to the B-R.com nickname page. Phil Rizzuto’s listed nickname is Scooter. But Scooter Gennett’s listed nickname is Ryan. A world of difference...
    Last edited by notin; 02-23-2020 at 11:54 AM.

You’re pinstripes are showing.

And let’s be fair here. While his nickname was Scooter, he was still better known as Phil. Go to the B-R.com nickname page. Phil Rizzuto’s listed nickname is Scooter. But Scooter Gennett’s listed nickname is Ryan. A world of difference...
    Another nonsensical distinction without a difference.

And you’re just a methodical automaton completely devoid of romance and imagination. Also a Dozier Hater...
    I don't hate some one I don't know and never met.

Deity
    Another nonsensical distinction without a difference.
    It’s really not nonsensical and it is different. Rizzuto was a grown man known by Phil, but called Scooter. Gennett is a grown man who goes by Scooter and no one outside of his family knows his real name without getting Google involved...

Deity
    I don't hate some one I don't know and never met.
    So you’re saying you met Dozier.

You must be thrilled he signed with the Padres today...

So you’re saying you met Dozier.

You must be thrilled he signed with the Padres today...
    You are going from the nonsensical to the absurd.

It’s really not nonsensical and it is different. Rizzuto was a grown man known by Phil, but called Scooter. Gennett is a grown man who goes by Scooter and no one outside of his family knows his real name without getting Google involved...
    Like I said you have really serious issues. You should consult a mental health professional.

Deity
    Like I said you have really serious issues. You should consult a mental health professional.
    I should? You’re the one who idolized Rizzuto. To a Sox fan, that’s like cheering for the love child of Benedict Arnold and Darth Vader...

Deity
    Right. Grown men named Scooter should be revered...

I should? You’re the one who idolized Rizzuto. To a Sox fan, that’s like cheering for the love child of Benedict Arnold and Darth Vader...
    I liked Joe Do Maggio too but I preferred Ted Williams.

Right. Grown men named Scooter should be revered...
    A mature person looks beyond the superficial such as a name when making judgments.