Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Yankees Season thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    And will Cole be able to maintain the same spin rate after leaving Houston and their special sticky substances? (Yes, that might be developing as a thing now.)
    yup.
    his past week, Cincinnati starter Trevor Bauer renewed his previous allegations that Houston was one of the teams leading the way with an undetectable substance that helped pitchers maximize their spin rates. In an article for The Players’ Tribune, Bauer wrote, “When I see a guy go from being a good pitcher for one team and spinning the ball at 2,200 rpm, to spinning the ball at 2,600 or 2,700 in Houston, I know exactly what happened.”
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    yup.
    his past week, Cincinnati starter Trevor Bauer renewed his previous allegations that Houston was one of the teams leading the way with an undetectable substance that helped pitchers maximize their spin rates. In an article for The Players’ Tribune, Bauer wrote, “When I see a guy go from being a good pitcher for one team and spinning the ball at 2,200 rpm, to spinning the ball at 2,600 or 2,700 in Houston, I know exactly what happened.”
    And Cole's numbers improved dramatically when he went from Pitt to Houston.

Another interesting subplot to follow this season.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Wade Miley? The guy who was better in MIL in 2018 than in HOU in 2019? That guy?
    No, the Wade Miley who pitched in twice as many games, started twice as many games, threw twice as many innings and won 9 more games in '19 than he did in '18. He was solid and productive for five straight months before suddenly breaking down in Sept. and getting left off the postseason roster (leading to speculation he was injured). Some Red Sox fans found Miley's consistency from March through August a bit surprising compared to his one mediocre season in Boston five years ago.

Lol, when Cole’s eating your lunch this year, I’ll remind you of this nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Just trying to torment you a bit, Jax. You'd do the same for us.

Prediction: Cole's contract will quickly become another albatross.

He might eat our lunch for 2-3 years, depending on how true the 'invisible substance' rumors are, but we're looking at possibly 6 years of heavy money.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Prediction: Cole's contract will quickly become another albatross.

He might eat our lunch for 2-3 years, depending on how true the 'invisible substance' rumors are, but we're looking at possibly 6 years of heavy money.
    It clearly has the potential to be an albatross. My hope is that the new CBA opens up the market a bit and Cole is just lights out for 5 years and he opts out without the yanks chasing him

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Just trying to torment you a bit, Jax. You'd do the same for us.
    I’m fully aware my friend. These are the responses I got when chiding Sale. I wouldn’t have it any other way

I know, Cole has just dominated Boston the last three years: 1-2 record, including a bad playoff loss.

Deity
    It clearly has the potential to be an albatross. My hope is that the new CBA opens up the market a bit and Cole is just lights out for 5 years and he opts out without the yanks chasing him
    Yeah. Not likely.

He's a future albatross. Just hope he takes longer than Stanton to become one...

It was a year ago right now that everyone was loving Stanton’s contract. One year does not a bust make

It was a year ago right now that everyone was loving Stanton’s contract. One year does not a bust make
    I will say that baseball fans seem to have less patience and more pessimism all the time.

I have never loved or even like Stanton's contract.

Ten year contracts are just not a good idea. Period.

BTW, Judge sent back to NY. He has a pec tendon strain. Zero point in pushing this.
    Hal sucks

BTW, Judge sent back to NY. He has a pec tendon strain. Zero point in pushing this.
    If the Red Sox had extended Betts I could say something about Stanton and Judge and muscle man longevity compared to that shrimp Mookie... but Boston is doomed in '20, while the Yanks will still be good (though maybe they'll both have their hands full with the upstart Blue Jays). It's a sad season for Sox fans when their biggest hope for the postseason is that NY draws anyone else but the Twins...